Hempy

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Skywalker kush
Good evening AFN

It's been a while since I last posted on here. My 6 month tolerance break has just about came to an end.

I've just gone an started off a few auto's in a soil / coco / perlite mix and I was wondering if I could run them into a hempy grow using 100% perlite.
I've read of growers doing hempy grows but not with starting them off in the way I've described.

My reasoning for wanting to do this is because I haven't had much success at growing in soil as I continue to overwater my plants.

Cheers

Good evening AFN

It's been a while since I last posted on here. My 6 month tolerance break has just about came to an end.

I've just gone an started off a few auto's in a soil / coco / perlite mix and I was wondering if I could run them into a hempy grow using 100% perlite.
I've read of growers doing hempy grows but not with starting them off in the way I've described.

My reasoning for wanting to do this is because I haven't had much success at growing in soil as I continue to overwater my plants.

Cheers

How big are they? Any pics?

I've just uploaded a pic of them but I can't seem to find the option to add the picture to my post. When I hit attach files it just opens another window.
I think they are needing put into their final pots ASAP.
DSC_0962.JPG

Last edited:
Good evening AFN

Cheers
Have you tried fabric pots?

Hi there.

I haven't no. I suppose I could get a hold of some as they seem relatively cheap... But I really want to try a hempy grow. I have my perlite and pots all ready to go. Just need to know if I can carry on with the hempy even though I started off the seedlings in a mix or coco, soil and perlite. But I don't think there should be a problem. Just getting myself in a fluster as I don't know where to start.

Lol, yeah I hear ya. Guess you could just fill em with perlite then transplant whole soil/rootball into it. Roots will soon be into the perlite. For my fabric pots I just made wire baskets the size I wanted draped landscape fabric in them and filled. Having quite the time keeping em watered they dry so quick. About once a week into the shower with em in trays and a good bottom soak to completely saturate and top water during the week.

So do you think the fabric pots would be more beneficial for future soil grows rather than running plastic pots. when you say in the shower with them. Does that mean straight from the tap. No dechlorination or adjustment of pH?

Oh no. Placed in trays in the shower, regular feed with MC, distilled water final ph 6.1 to 6.5 before pouring half in trays and watering from top with other half. Get the moisture to meet in the middle. Do it in the shower just in case there's a spill.

Back