Help with deficiency please.

Reaction score
Strain: Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto
Date: Seedling sprouted through soil 11th May
Light: Led 1000w (cheap one) 24/0
Type of grow: Indoor/small grow tent
Climate: Temp 18-23c - RH 50-65
Medium: Biobizz light mix
Nutrients:Biobizz Alg a mic,grow,bloom and top max,epsom salts and some ph down.
PH: 6.5 - tap water, left to sit in a bucket for a few days to let the chlorine evaporate.

I've been feeding her just with water up until about a week ago. I then followed the biobizz nutrient guide on their website, started from week 4 on their schedule, but at half the recommended dosages. She was looking good and no sign of any issues, she took 2 litres of water with the added nutes and 3/4 days later I gave her the same once the soil dried out.

Thursday she was dry again and due a feed. I started to notice some issues on the bigger/older leafs. Issues below as of Thursday.

IMG-1012.jpg
IMG-1013.jpg
IMG-1014.jpg
IMG-1015.jpg

I was thinking it was maybe a magnesium deficiency, so went and picked up some epsom salts. I followed the biobizz nutrient guide for week 5 and made up another 4 litre batch as well as adding some epsom salts to the mix I added a teaspoon to some warm water and dissolved it before mixing it into the feed. She took about 2.5 litres and gave me 250-300ml run off I tested this with my ph meter and it gave me a reading of 6.5, as of today she looks like.

IMG-1029.jpg
IMG-1030.jpg
IMG-1031.jpg
IMG-1032.jpg
IMG-1033.jpg
IMG-1034.jpg

Any ideas on what the issue is and how I should go about fixing it be greatly appreciated, thanks.

looks hungry.. if u have a ppm meter check runoff or at least runoff ph.. if the ph of the runoff is really low you could have too high of a nutrient concentration, but im guessing shes just got early flower hunger...looks like overall lack of food when her demand is high.. but cant be sure.. i know biobiz light doesnt have much to sustain a plant of that size tho.
gl

im organic so my advice is only so good for your situation

A few things I would recommend. 18°C is a little too low. Shoot for 20°C as the low. Change the light schedule to 18/6. Plants evolved over the millennia to have a night time. Give her one. When you say you let the pot dry out what do you mean?

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and roots there will die. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

I know some peeps must have success with Bio-mix because some how they remain in business. We see a lot of grows in here with troubles in Bio-mix. Perhaps the learning curve to use it is steep? Yes the plants look overall hungry with a small dose of calcium deficiency.

I would go with 100% of the chart at least now and watch for tip burn. If that happens back-off 10%. You look to be in early flower so lets call it week 4.

ScreenHunter_255 Apr. 24 11.07.jpg

Is there some reason you are not using Bio-Heaven and Acti-Vera? It is advisable to use everything listed on the chart?

PH to 6.3. Do you know the PH in the root zone? If not you should get a good PH Soil probe. I recommend the Accurate 8 or its clone or a Blue Lab soil probe. Don't waste your money on a cheap one they do not work!

:vibe:
Tag me if you have any questions about this.

Back