Lighting Help using COB/QB Combo

Currently running 450w over 4x4. I'd run the first week under 1 cob, maybe bring in the other at the first true leaves, then add in the QB. Or you bring them all in high, and lower slightly daily too, but you'll be wasting power... but sometimes its necessary to get on top of the environmental changes adding the lights bring along.

Makes sense. Like in the situation where one light may not warm the tent enough to keep in the range needed. I think I'll have to try what you are suggesting. It is pretty much what I've done during the current grow except adding the QB earlier.

One thing I got wrong though. I said before that none of the lights were dimmable, which is true for the COBs, but I was thinking the QB driver didn't have a dimmer. I messed up because even though it doesn't have an external dimmer, you can take the rubber plug out and dim it down with a screwdriver. So really, I could use my wattage meter and dim it to 50% early on in the veg cycle and turn it up as it grows.

Oh shite, you are right I got that backwards Cobs more blue so run them first. Damn Dabs!

No worries! :smoking:

I have 1 driver with an external dimmer and 1 that's internal. I use a wall meter to back them down evenly.

I have 1 driver with an external dimmer and 1 that's internal. I use a wall meter to back them down evenly.

Cool thanks. I think that's what I'll do for next time, start with 1-2 COB's until first set of true leaves develop, turn on the QB at 50% and then scale up from there.

I did turn on the QB yesterday at full power, thought that at day 28 they could probably handle it. Both the COBs and QB are as high in the tent as they can go, which is now about 24" from the top of the plants. So far they seem to be enjoying the extra light. As expected, the temp has risen up to about 27C which is still reasonable and I've turned up my exhaust a bit too.

They should be stretching out soon and hopefully settling down in a nice distance for flowering. I just have to work on my LST to get that even canopy. Still not sure how you guys make them look so nice and even, mine get all funky.

Whi
Cool thanks. I think that's what I'll do for next time, start with 1-2 COB's until first set of true leaves develop, turn on the QB at 50% and then scale up from there.

I did turn on the QB yesterday at full power, thought that at day 28 they could probably handle it. Both the COBs and QB are as high in the tent as they can go, which is now about 24" from the top of the plants. So far they seem to be enjoying the extra light. As expected, the temp has risen up to about 27C which is still reasonable and I've turned up my exhaust a bit too.

They should be stretching out soon and hopefully settling down in a nice distance for flowering. I just have to work on my LST to get that even canopy. Still not sure how you guys make them look so nice and even, mine get all funky.

Which QB are you using?

Back