Indoor HELP: Setting up a 4'x4' Tent (autoflower)

Reaction score
Looking to set up a 4'x4' Gorilla Grow Tent for AFs, probably 9 plants as I've read that is the recommendation. I see there is a package deal, Amazon product is it worth the $ in the grand scheme of things? Does it come with everything I need? I'm a noob as far as home setups go. I'm looking for ease of operations..., but have worked in the industry, know growing, soil, nutes, plant maintenance, pests, pest control, room flips, processing, ect... Don't know much about lights (my focus has always been GH/outdoor). I know LEDs are great for AF, just tend to be costly upfront and save over time.

I've done the math and broken down the pricing. its ~$930.00 to buy all the items included in this package, with the exception of the Kind LED XL 750 ($1000-$1250). The 4'x4' Gorilla Grow Package costs $1950, so almost I'm saving $230.. possibly less. I was thinking of substituting other LEDs(not sure which) and just buy the "package" deal components individually off the internet and save $.

Package comes with:
Kind LED XL 750 ($100-$1250)
Gorilla Grow Tent 4'x4'x6' ($396.40)
Active Air 6"clip on fan x2 ($25)
Active Air Hydro-thermometer ($18-$23)
Active Air 8" inline duct fan ($119.70)
Active Air Duct fan speed adjuster ($15.69)
Hydrofarm Dual-outlet analog grounded
timer ($11.81)
Hydrofarm 1/8th rope ratchet 2 per/pack ($6.00-$18.00)
Active Air Premium ducting 8"x25'($130.99)

I thought about subbing the King LED 1000W($139) I'm assuming there is a reason the Kind LED XL 750 costs $1250 tho....

I've read that this light is very great and simple to use. Great for the $, less energy, less heat, less temperature issues, wide spectrum of light,($160) 4 year warranty, perfect for a 4'x4'.

Anyone have advice please?

Last edited:
Check on amazon might be cheaper

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Cbooga. I was in your shoes a couple weeks ago. I still don't have the full setup together, but I eventually decided to piece together my own gear. Do research into COB LED and visit cobshop.net afterward. I am personally going with 3x3x6 tent for my chosen area and have purchased 2 cobs so far. I will potentially bump to 4 later for this area. From the tent, to the lighting, to the ventilation and odor control, to the medium and nutes - everything is being pieced together for my desired wants/needs. I feel you can learn much more doing it this way because you're forced to really do your homework up front.

A 4x4 tent will grow 4 plants, but if they get big it gets tight! That seems like too much money for a light. There are a lot of choices out there. I think you need the 6.5 ft height to keep enough distance between lights and the tops of the plants. Some lights need 30 or more inches, even in bloom.

Looking to set up a 4'x4' Gorilla Grow Tent for AFs, probably 9 plants as I've read that is the recommendation. I see there is a package deal, Amazon product is it worth the $ in the grand scheme of things? Does it come with everything I need? I'm a noob as far as home setups go. I'm looking for ease of operations..., but have worked in the industry, know growing, soil, nutes, plant maintenance, pests, pest control, room flips, processing, ect... Don't know much about lights (my focus has always been GH/outdoor). I know LEDs are great for AF, just tend to be costly upfront and save over time.

I've done the math and broken down the pricing. its ~$930.00 to buy all the items included in this package, with the exception of the Kind LED XL 750 ($1000-$1250). The 4'x4' Gorilla Grow Package costs $1950, so almost I'm saving $230.. possibly less. I was thinking of substituting other LEDs(not sure which) and just buy the "package" deal components individually off the internet and save $.

Package comes with:
Kind LED XL 750 ($100-$1250)
Gorilla Grow Tent 4'x4'x6' ($396.40)
Active Air 6"clip on fan x2 ($25)
Active Air Hydro-thermometer ($18-$23)
Active Air 8" inline duct fan ($119.70)
Active Air Duct fan speed adjuster ($15.69)
Hydrofarm Dual-outlet analog grounded
timer ($11.81)
Hydrofarm 1/8th rope ratchet 2 per/pack ($6.00-$18.00)
Active Air Premium ducting 8"x25'($130.99)

I thought about subbing the King LED 1000W($139) I'm assuming there is a reason the Kind LED XL 750 costs $1250 tho....

I've read that this light is very great and simple to use. Great for the $, less energy, less heat, less temperature issues, wide spectrum of light,($160) 4 year warranty, perfect for a 4'x4'.

Anyone have advice please?

Get you a cob light, you won't regret it. Kind are ok but there's nothing like a cob and the white light. Build your own is the cheapest way if your into that, check out my 300 watt journal below. Amare's are great the Amare SE450 with UVB is real nice for 4 x 4 about 950 shipped with afn discount. Autocobs are another option, 4-5 of them in there.

Get you a cob light, you won't regret it. Kind are ok but there's nothing like a cob and the white light. Build your own is the cheapest way if your into that, check out my 300 watt journal below. Amare's are great the Amare SE450 with UVB is real nice for 4 x 4 about 950 shipped with afn discount. Autocobs are another option, 4-5 of them in there.
so 4-5 cobs for a 4x4? Is there just one cob? Any specific one I need? I'll check out your journal for sure. Building lights hard? I've never done anything like this. What's the cost?

A 4x4 tent will grow 4 plants, but if they get big it gets tight! That seems like too much money for a light. There are a lot of choices out there. I think you need the 6.5 ft height to keep enough distance between lights and the tops of the plants. Some lights need 30 or more inches, even in bloom.
really, I thought I read 8-9 auto flowers can fit in a 4x4? I know nothing. This is for medical grow as well so I want perfect plants, quality over quantity.

so 4-5 cobs for a 4x4? Is there just one cob? Any specific one I need? I'll check out your journal for sure. Building lights hard? I've never done anything like this. What's the cost?
There is more than one, lots of them actually. I think your best bet is to check out the Autocob and Amare sections on here.

Last edited:
really, I thought I read 8-9 auto flowers can fit in a 4x4? I know nothing. This is for medical grow as well so I want perfect plants, quality over quantity.

There is a diy section. Check out autocobs first here. More that 4 gets way too tight with any size.

Perfect sun 1000 light..i think he makes a cob too

Back