Grow Mediums Help needed amended my soil but no root ball created

Reaction score
I don't comprehend much in this field.
I was lucky to use kindsoil when I started. I don't think it's available anymore.
So I think amend my soil means, reuse my soil and add "natures living soil super soil auto flower concentrate"
My soil is cocoloco, mostly. I amend it with a 16oz. mix in bottom 1/3 space of my 5 gallon breathable pot.
I fill the 5 gal. pot with the old soil.
I use warrior seed starter on top.
I had the worst yield possible. I found no root ball at all. I can't believe I got any yield.
I just filled my pots to repeat this process. But I need help to fix it, something is wrong.
I ph water.
Indoor auto.
Thanks for any help or advice.

i believe NLS says soil not coco. I could be off point here.

Id put some myco in your soil too. That helps with root growth. Dyno myco makes some good stuff. Just mix it with you soil when you reamend

I would not and do not use straight coco loco with the NLS AF Concentrate. You can use it but it must have an equal amount of compost or earthworm castings and then it isn't really optimal.

I use NLS Auto flower concentrate with 1 part coco(buffered), 1 part peat, 1 part humus/compost, 1 part earthworm castings, 2 parts perlite, 1/4 cup DE per gallon, and then the appropriate amount of Concentrate. When I make up a new pot, I make sure the center/core is straight FFHF with some DynoMyco so the tap root gets established before it hits the more nutrient rich soil.

Would this help any ?
I have the three bottle kit ,fox farms. grow big, tiger bloom, big bloom.
I just want to ask before I dump out all my pots I just filled.
I thought maybe this bottle kit might fix the soil.

I would not and do not use straight coco loco with the NLS AF Concentrate. You can use it but it must have an equal amount of compost or earthworm castings and then it isn't really optimal.

I use NLS Auto flower concentrate with 1 part coco(buffered), 1 part peat, 1 part humus/compost, 1 part earthworm castings, 2 parts perlite, 1/4 cup DE per gallon, and then the appropriate amount of Concentrate. When I make up a new pot, I make sure the center/core is straight FFHF with some DynoMyco so the tap root gets established before it hits the more nutrient rich soil.
How do you purchase all this stuff ?
This is what always makes my mind crazy. When there's a list of things to do and mix and I get confused. and shopping for many items, and cost.
I still have never heard what happened to the kindsoil I used to use?
Is there a one or two or three product mix that would work out for auto flower ?

How do you purchase all this stuff ?
This is what always makes my mind crazy. When there's a list of things to do and mix and I get confused. and shopping for many items, and cost.
I still have never heard what happened to the kindsoil I used to use?
Is there a one or two or three product mix that would work out for auto flower ?
You can find everything right on amazon, or any decent grow/hydro shop, even home depot and Lowes carry some decent brands of soil like coast of maine, FFHF (fox farm happy frog) and a few others.

NLS living soil is for a far more advanced type of soil that is essentially a water only grow.
CocoLoco does NOT provide any nutrients, it is devoid of nutrients, plants will starve in it, a form of hydro growing utilizes coco simply as a substrate that holds water with nutrients added for the plant to utilize.

You can find everything right on amazon, or any decent grow/hydro shop, even home depot and Lowes carry some decent brands of soil like coast of maine, FFHF (fox farm happy frog) and a few others.

NLS living soil is for a far more advanced type of soil that is essentially a water only grow.
CocoLoco does NOT provide any nutrients, it is devoid of nutrients, plants will starve in it, a form of hydro growing utilizes coco simply as a substrate that holds water with nutrients added for the plant to utilize.
Do you think I can add the three bottle fox farm to what I have at the moment ? Or should I start over following your advice ?

Yes you could, but it isn't a add one time venture, you will be needing to "fertigate" each and every watering, read up on growing in coco before proceeding, coco is not soil.

Back