New Grower Help identifying this issue?

Natsu

Dragon Slayer
Reaction score
Hey, I'm growing 4 plants right now, this is my first grow and I having a tough time identifying this issue. At first I thought it may be zinc def. but I cant tell what it is. I have looked at lots of def. plant guides but its hard for me to make the connection. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Problem:
Lower leaves are small and light green in the centers, some of the top ones have slight yellowing between the veins, some leaves are cupping. Growth has slowed as well. The issue seems to be worse in the 2 of the 4 plants. I have seen a couple fungus gnats also, I'm going to order some mosquito dunks in the next couple days to take care of them

Medium/grow method:
I'm using Gia Green Organic Living Soil with about 15% extra perlite I added mycorrhizae as well.

Feed: and supplements used:
Humboldt's Secret: Base A 4-0-1, 4.5% Ca. Base B 1-2-4 1% Mg .001% Mo.(recommended dose for A&B is 5-9ml/Gal. for veg) Sweet& Sticky 1-0-2(5-15ml/Gal) and Golden Tree 0-0-2(1-2ml/Gal-veg) I have given them 1.5ml of A,B,S&S and .5ml GT/Gal. And only 2 feedings so far, witch were 3 days apart. Botanicare compost tea 0.5-0.5-1. I gave them 1ml/ gal a 2 times before I got the HS
I have cal/mag from General Organics but I haven't used it. Only plants 1, 2, and 4 got the nutes.

water source:
RO water only

Strain/age:
Plants [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], 2 and 3 are Afghani Kush auto indica and [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] is Purple widow auto sativa
# 1, 2, and 4 are 21 days old and [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] is 14 days old

light used:
I'm using a 400 wat LED They have been on a 24/7 schedule, I'm switching them to 20/4 tonight.

Climate:
2.5'x2.5'x5' grow tent, temp right now is 26c and 78%, second meter reads 25c and 77% It fluctuates a bit, usually 23-27c and 65-80%
I have a small computer fan and 6" clip fan both pointed parallel to the walls to circulate the air.
They are in 2 gallon buckets with many holes drilled in the bottom and sides. I was short ~3-4 inches of soil so cut off the top 2" or so of each bucket for better circulation. I don't have a duct fan set up yet, ill be getting that closer to the end of the month. I've been leaving 2 of the 4 screened vents open 24/7

PH info: I am using the drops right now, the ph of the water is 6.5, and after the nutes came out 6.5 as well. The HS nutes are all very light in color so I don't think its throwing off the color of the drops much if at all. I hadn't been watering to runoff because I was advised not to by the girl that sold it to me at the hydro shop, it said that on the bag too. 2 days ago I gave them plain ro water till I got some runoff so I could test it. plants 1 and 2 both showed 5ph and 4 showed 6.5 I didn't test 3 because I had just watered it the day before. I did the same thing to 1, 2, and 4 so I don't know why they were different. I'll be buying a ph and tds meter closer to the end of the month.

Additional info:
I was told there would be enough nutrients in the soil for approximately 2 months, so I took my time trying to pick ones that would work best for me. Also, I hadn't realised exactly what my plants looked like till I took them out of the tent a few days ago to take a few pics, I didn't realise how important it was to view them under normal light. All the pics I took are under a fluorescent light and a daylight led. All plants are numbered in black on a pink post it note. I will have to upload the pics in a couple separate posts.

If there's anything I missed please let me know. And again, thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_3954.JPG
    IMG_3954.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3945.JPG
    IMG_3945.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3949.JPG
    IMG_3949.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_3931.JPG
    IMG_3931.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3934.JPG
    IMG_3934.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 122
Hey, I'm growing 4 plants right now, this is my first grow and I having a tough time identifying this issue. At first I thought it may be zinc def. but I cant tell what it is. I have looked at lots of def. plant guides but its hard for me to make the connection. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Problem:
Lower leaves are small and light green in the centers, some of the top ones have slight yellowing between the veins, some leaves are cupping. Growth has slowed as well. The issue seems to be worse in the 2 of the 4 plants. I have seen a couple fungus gnats also, I'm going to order some mosquito dunks in the next couple days to take care of them

Medium/grow method:
I'm using Gia Green Organic Living Soil with about 15% extra perlite I added mycorrhizae as well.

Humboldt's Secret: Base A 4-0-1, 4.5% Ca. Base B 1-2-4 1% Mg .001% Mo.(recommended dose for A&B is 5-9ml/Gal. for veg) Sweet& Sticky 1-0-2(5-15ml/Gal) and Golden Tree 0-0-2(1-2ml/Gal-veg) I have given them 1.5ml of A,B,S&S and .5ml GT/Gal. And only 2 feedings so far, witch were 3 days apart. Botanicare compost tea 0.5-0.5-1. I gave them 1ml/ gal a 2 times before I got the HS
I have cal/mag from General Organics but I haven't used it. Only plants 1, 2, and 4 got the nutes.

water source:
RO water only

Strain/age:
Plants [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], 2 and 3 are Afghani Kush auto indica and [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] is Purple widow auto sativa

light used:
I'm using a 400 wat LED They have been on a 24/7 schedule, I'm switching them to 20/4 tonight.

Climate:
2.5'x2.5'x5' grow tent, temp right now is 26c and 78%, second meter reads 25c and 77% It fluctuates a bit, usually 23-27c and 65-80%
I have a small computer fan and 6" clip fan both pointed parallel to the walls to circulate the air.
They are in 2 gallon buckets with many holes drilled in the bottom and sides. I was short ~3-4 inches of soil so cut off the top 2" or so of each bucket for better circulation. I don't have a duct fan set up yet, ill be getting that closer to the end of the month. I've been leaving 2 of the 4 screened vents open 24/7

PH info: I am using the drops right now, the ph of the water is 6.5, and after the nutes came out 6.5 as well. The HS nutes are all very light in color so I don't think its throwing off the color of the drops much if at all. I hadn't been watering to runoff because I was advised not to by the girl that sold it to me at the hydro shop, it said that on the bag too. 2 days ago I gave them plain ro water till I got some runoff so I could test it. plants 1 and 2 both showed 5ph and 4 showed 6.5 I didn't test 3 because I had just watered it the day before. I did the same thing to 1, 2, and 4 so I don't know why they were different. I'll be buying a ph and tds meter closer to the end of the month.

Additional info:
I was told there would be enough nutrients in the soil for approximately 2 months, so I took my time trying to pick ones that would work best for me. Also, I hadn't realised exactly what my plants looked like till I took them out of the tent a few days ago to take a few pics, I didn't realise how important it was to view them under normal light. All the pics I took are under a fluorescent light and a daylight led. All plants are numbered in black on a pink post it note. I will have to upload the pics in a couple separate posts.

If there's anything I missed please let me know. And again, thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.
Check
573ac4a6c862da726db32787378a3d5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm having a tough time getting the other pics uploaded.

@420melbz I have spent time on that very picture and others like it, but its hard for me to make that connection with no experience at all. thanks though

I'm having a tough time getting the other pics uploaded.

@420melbz I have spent time on that very picture and others like it, but its hard for me to make that connection with no experience at all. thanks though
Yeah im not that experienced either but to me looks like nute burn on the tips and heavy on the nitrogen hydro nutes plus organic soil might be a slight overload? Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here's the next set of pics one more after this one.

@420melbz yeah, that's definitely possible, they are hydro nutes, but they say they are compatable with all growing mediums. Im probably going to get the rest of their line to use with coco for my next grow

Attachments

• IMG_3910.JPG
    IMG_3910.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3917.JPG
    IMG_3917.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3909.JPG
    IMG_3909.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3909.JPG
    IMG_3909.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3912.JPG
    IMG_3912.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 92

Problem:

Medium/grow method:

water source:
RO water only

Strain/age:

light used:

Climate:

Additional info:

What are you measuring pH with a meter or drops?also you might be root bound which will cause your plants to pick what they eat bc they are squeeze in a root bound pot. I would up pot and I am sorry did you say coco or soil? Bc if coco then drop pH but with twisted growth and yellow leaves o would think those two problem

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

What's the NPK of your soil? I'm too lazy to google it right now.

If it's Gaia that you're using, they say you don't need nutes for two months on their webpage... How often are you watering?
That company also says to allow the medium to dry out between waterings...

Here's the last set of pics

@bignugz420 I'm using soil, for ph testing I'm using the drops. I hope that's being root bound is not the case, I dont really want to transplant unless I have to.
@Dichoti There was no npk value on the bag or on their website, here's the ingredients if that helps:
INGREDIENTS:
Soil medium ingredients:
feather meal, and fishbone meal, sphagnum peat, perlite, African night crawler worm castings, fertilizing soil conditioner.
Fertilizer ingredients: Alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, glacial rock dust, mined potassium sulphate, fossilized carbon complex, rock phosphate, greensand, kelp meal, gypsum, bat guano.

Attachments

• IMG_3907.JPG
    IMG_3907.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3906.JPG
    IMG_3906.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3920.JPG
    IMG_3920.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3925.JPG
    IMG_3925.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3869.JPG
    IMG_3869.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
@Dichoti I water every three days or so, only when the soil is dry to my first knuckle. I didn't give them any nutes till after I noticed the problem

Back