Lighting !!HELP ASAP!! light timer not working

Budson 420

is it 420 yet?
Reaction score
hey guys in need of urgent help!
Brought a new set up, got everything running and the timer doesn't work?
the new light is 250w HID
With 250watt ballest.
It worked fine with my 130w CFL and I just tested it on some other house hold appliances and it works, I then tried the new timer that came with the set up, and same result, tested it around the house ect ect, nothing.
Tried all configurations, plugged into power board, in double adapter, extension cord, straight into wall socket, annnd nothing.
If anybody has any ideas please do let me know, your help will be greatly appreciated :bighug:
Cheers guys.

Okay I'm going to be really honest with you I had a really big issue with a timer and it was f****** up my grow where I had a beautiful plant actually hermie me. After a little bit of research I looked into a Wi-Fi timer and now I'm able to control my lighting schedule from my phone and know when it's on and when it's off and if there's any problems with electrical outages I think I rather be safe than sorry you might want to look into it some timers are just not reliable

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Okay I'm going to be really honest with you I had a really big issue with a timer and it was f****** up my grow where I had a beautiful plant actually hermie me. After a little bit of research I looked into a Wi-Fi timer and now I'm able to control my lighting schedule from my phone and know when it's on and when it's off and if there's any problems with electrical outages I think I rather be safe than sorry you might want to look into it some timers are just not reliable

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
That sounds like something I'd use! Can you send me a link to where you got yours? All I found was stuff about limiting wifi for your kids lol

i think it has something to do with the power rating of the timer.most timers are used for turning a household 60W tablelamp on.low wattage.with the ballast and light being 250w you need a suitable timer,they tend to be x4 the price of the lil timers.
im UK so the electric may be completly different over here.
good luck.
:pighug:

hey guys in need of urgent help!
Brought a new set up, got everything running and the timer doesn't work?
the new light is 250w HID
With 250watt ballest.
It worked fine with my 130w CFL and I just tested it on some other house hold appliances and it works, I then tried the new timer that came with the set up, and same result, tested it around the house ect ect, nothing.
Tried all configurations, plugged into power board, in double adapter, extension cord, straight into wall socket, annnd nothing.
If anybody has any ideas please do let me know, your help will be greatly appreciated :bighug:
Cheers guys.
Hi bro.. One thing in the US to make note of which may be of similar interest in AU is, most if not all digital timers state on the packaging that they should not be used with digital ballasts, if you are using a magnetic ballast you might be okay. Best bet might be to contact the ballast manufacturer and see what they recommend .. Good Karma getting sorted

Hi bro.. One thing in the US to make note of which may be of similar interest in AU is, most if not all digital timers state on the packaging that they should not be used with digital ballasts, if you are using a magnetic ballast you might be okay. Best bet might be to contact the ballast manufacturer and see what they recommend .. Good Karma getting sorted
Thanks for stopping by bud! all is good now, I ordered a brand new digital timer last week, arrived the other day, although it does work I just can't figure out how to get the timer working, it is way to many options it's over complicated :face: so I'm still manually turning the lights off and on, god what a nightmare that is, fucking love waking up at 6am on my days off to turn the lights off ffs

Thanks for stopping by bud! all is good now, I ordered a brand new digital timer last week, arrived the other day, although it does work I just can't figure out how to get the timer working, it is way to many options it's over complicated :face: so I'm still manually turning the lights off and on, god what a nightmare that is, fucking love waking up at 6am on my days off to turn the lights off ffs

You probably use a 'brennstuhl' product i guess? If so i can tell you how to operate properly.

You probably use a 'brennstuhl' product i guess? If so i can tell you how to operate properly.
I literally have no clue, it was $40 off eBay and it didnt say the brand, unless it's "NAKAJIMA" but here's a photo, maybe it's similar to yours?

Attachments

• IMG_2118.PNG
    IMG_2118.PNG
    274.1 KB · Views: 61
As far as I'm concerned I've followed everything to the T, set the "on" time for each day of the week, then the "off" time, does that twice, I dunno man I'm starting to think I'll forever be manually turn lights off/on :frowny1:

Back