Extraction Has anyone tried this?

McDee

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Was going to try this stuff, has anyone used it? Found it at the store hope it's ok to use.
20171004_120130.jpg

Yes, it is a very good product. :thumbsup:

https://store.nutiva.com/coconut-oil/
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
CertsB.png
Coconut is one of the world's most nourishing superfoods. This creamy taste of the tropics is great for sautéing and baking, enhancing your favorite recipes, and body care.

Our virgin coconut oil is cold-pressed and never refined, deodorized or bleached! Savor its rich aroma and its smooth and sweet flavor. It's ideal as a medium-heat cooking oil, a nutritious substitute in baking and even "better than butter" on bread, vegetables or popcorn. A pinch of salt will reduce the coconut flavor in savory recipes.

You can even use the luscious, soothing oil on your skin and hair. Use coconut oil as a natural skin moisturizer, eye make-up remover, or deep conditioning hair treatment. Combine coconut oil with coconut sugar and essential oil for an exfoliating, refreshing body scrub.

• Organic
  • Non-GMO
  • Virgin
  • Unrefined
  • Cold pressed
  • Non-hydrogenated
  • Made from fresh coconuts
The Nutiva Kitchen is filled with delicious recipes and tips for incorporating coconut oil into your diet.

New! Fair Trade - We are now offering fair trade certified coconut oil in our 14oz & 23oz glass sizes.

*Bottled in a facility that packs peanut oil.

Please note that there is no difference between Virgin and Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil. We previously called our coconut oil "extra-virgin" to emphasize our commitment to quality, however as we move into international markets we have removed the term to comply with international regulations that disallow the term. Be assured that our product quality has not changed in any way. For more information on this click here.

More Info On This Product
Once a central part of the traditional Pacific Islander diet, luscious coconut is fast becoming a staple in modern healthy diets as well. Coconut contains lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid also found in human breast milk. Lauric acid makes up about 50% of coconut oil.

Our coconut products come from Southeast Asia, where the coconut oil is processed immediately upon harvesting. The creamy, white meat of the coconut is scooped out of the shell by hand. What you get is simply the creamy, fresh flavor of pure coconut.

Coconut oil is extremely versatile and can be used as an alternative to butter and other vegetable oils. A solid at cooler temperatures, it becomes liquid when warmed. It takes heat well and can be used for baking, sautéing, stir-frying or anywhere else you would use vegetable oil, shortening or butter.

OUR COCONUT PRODUCTS ARE:
Certified organic and non-GMO
Made from fresh coconuts

Yes, it is a very good product. :thumbsup:

https://store.nutiva.com/coconut-oil/
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
CertsB.png
Coconut is one of the world's most nourishing superfoods. This creamy taste of the tropics is great for sautéing and baking, enhancing your favorite recipes, and body care.

Our virgin coconut oil is cold-pressed and never refined, deodorized or bleached! Savor its rich aroma and its smooth and sweet flavor. It's ideal as a medium-heat cooking oil, a nutritious substitute in baking and even "better than butter" on bread, vegetables or popcorn. A pinch of salt will reduce the coconut flavor in savory recipes.

You can even use the luscious, soothing oil on your skin and hair. Use coconut oil as a natural skin moisturizer, eye make-up remover, or deep conditioning hair treatment. Combine coconut oil with coconut sugar and essential oil for an exfoliating, refreshing body scrub.

• Organic
  • Non-GMO
  • Virgin
  • Unrefined
  • Cold pressed
  • Non-hydrogenated
  • Made from fresh coconuts
The Nutiva Kitchen is filled with delicious recipes and tips for incorporating coconut oil into your diet.

New! Fair Trade - We are now offering fair trade certified coconut oil in our 14oz & 23oz glass sizes.

*Bottled in a facility that packs peanut oil.

Please note that there is no difference between Virgin and Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil. We previously called our coconut oil "extra-virgin" to emphasize our commitment to quality, however as we move into international markets we have removed the term to comply with international regulations that disallow the term. Be assured that our product quality has not changed in any way. For more information on this click here.

More Info On This Product
Once a central part of the traditional Pacific Islander diet, luscious coconut is fast becoming a staple in modern healthy diets as well. Coconut contains lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid also found in human breast milk. Lauric acid makes up about 50% of coconut oil.

Our coconut products come from Southeast Asia, where the coconut oil is processed immediately upon harvesting. The creamy, white meat of the coconut is scooped out of the shell by hand. What you get is simply the creamy, fresh flavor of pure coconut.

Coconut oil is extremely versatile and can be used as an alternative to butter and other vegetable oils. A solid at cooler temperatures, it becomes liquid when warmed. It takes heat well and can be used for baking, sautéing, stir-frying or anywhere else you would use vegetable oil, shortening or butter.

OUR COCONUT PRODUCTS ARE:
Certified organic and non-GMO
Made from fresh coconuts
I may have had a DECARB issue. I made some oil and vegetable glycerin and nothing. With the oil every now and then I think it's working but not well. I didn't grind up the cannabis like I normally do cause I heard you don't nees to and shouldn't cause you lose trichs. But I am normally stupid high after edibles and I can't tell so that say not working to me. What do you use Grandma Roody? I use the magical butter 2 machine to make. I made some good ghee (think I spelled that correctly???) with it last summer. Wanted to make tincture for oral, and vape oil so used vg. May try it with alcohol, any thoughts would be great. I have been making butter for 10yrs but very inexperienced out side of butter. Thanks Grandma Roody!!!!!

I didn't grind up the cannabis like I normally do cause I heard you don't nees to and shouldn't cause you lose trichs. But I am normally stupid high after edibles and I can't tell so that say not working to me.
Don't change what's working for you!
I decarb at 220F pyrex covered and sealed well, material in the oven during preheat and cool down. Total time in the oven about an hour.

For an oil extraction, I use a crock pot on warm a few hours then off to cool, then warm again...for a couple of days.

Wanted to make tincture for oral, and vape oil so used vg. May try it with alcohol, any thoughts would be great.
For tinctures, IMO, grain alcohol is best. Freezing the material and the alcohol before extraction will lessen the amount of chlorophyll (green slightly bitter taste).
I played around with trying to make my own vape juice. Glycerin does not extract well, only 33% (?). You can extract with alcohol and add glycerin, but then they tend to fall out of suspension.
Here are a few threads that may help you.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/glycerine-tincture-and-vape-stuff.59411/
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/qwet-to-ejuice-step-by-step.47174/
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/the-one-hitter-e-juice.54097/

:smokeit:

I may have had a DECARB issue. I made some oil and vegetable glycerin and nothing. With the oil every now and then I think it's working but not well. I didn't grind up the cannabis like I normally do cause I heard you don't nees to and shouldn't cause you lose trichs. But I am normally stupid high after edibles and I can't tell so that say not working to me. What do you use Grandma Roody? I use the magical butter 2 machine to make. I made some good ghee (think I spelled that correctly???) with it last summer. Wanted to make tincture for oral, and vape oil so used vg. May try it with alcohol, any thoughts would be great. I have been making butter for 10yrs but very inexperienced out side of butter. Thanks Grandma Roody!!!!!

Glycerin is a poor solvent, and decarb is essential, so your glycerin batch was destined to fail.
Without decarbing and grinding the herb, strained oil won't be potent.
Most of the Magical Butter Machine instruction booklet recipes are very poor, and have caused many other people to waste herb besides you.

I own 2 Magical Butter Machines, but never use them for anything but feco, made with 190 proof everclear. The feco can be added to oil/butter.
Unstrained oils put into capsules are also done well by MBM, but require ingesting too many pills.

Most of the time I just use ground, decarbed herb, and add it to nutella, or add it to the oil of any cookie/brownie/muffin mix.
That's the most potent form of the herb, about twice as strong as strained butter/oil, because about half the medicine is lost to the straining process.

All you need do is decarb (240 F for 40 min using a verifying thermometer), grind the herb to powder, mix into the oil of any recipe, and use.
Or you can mix with nut butter or nutella, spread onto crackers, and eat. Time and low heat, such as around a computer router, might make this stronger over time.
Some people like to add lecithin and/or cook over low heat for awhile, but I prefer KISS.

If you don't believe that edibles really are this simple, just decarb half a gram, mix with nut butter, wait awhile, and eat.

Glycerin is a poor solvent, and decarb is essential, so your glycerin batch was destined to fail.
Without decarbing and grinding the herb, strained oil won't be potent.
Most of the Magical Butter Machine instruction booklet recipes are very poor, and have caused many other people to waste herb besides you.

I own 2 Magical Butter Machines, but never use them for anything but feco, made with 190 proof everclear. The feco can be added to oil/butter.
Unstrained oils put into capsules are also done well by MBM, but require ingesting too many pills.

Most of the time I just use ground, decarbed herb, and add it to nutella, or add it to the oil of any cookie/brownie/muffin mix.
That's the most potent form of the herb, about twice as strong as strained butter/oil, because about half the medicine is lost to the straining process.

All you need do is decarb (240 F for 40 min using a verifying thermometer), grind the herb to powder, mix into the oil of any recipe, and use.
Or you can mix with nut butter or nutella, spread onto crackers, and eat. Time and low heat, such as around a computer router, might make this stronger over time.
Some people like to add lecithin and/or cook over low heat for awhile, but I prefer KISS.

If you don't believe that edibles really are this simple, just decarb half a gram, mix with nut butter, wait awhile, and eat.
Here is what happend. Oil/VG I decarbed at 250 40 mins didn't grind tho. Last week I took .7g of Ripley OG cut up little to dank to grind decarbed 240 40mins. Cut up more pit in nutella for 1.5 days last .5 day had on germ mat for some heat. I also put some lecithin in eat all off it and nothing. I smoked while I eat the same stuff and couldn't tell if I was high few hours latter. I smoke often so tolerance is high so may work a little bit not like I'm use to normally I can tell.for sure. Didn't grind up cause sooooo sticky that's the only difference oh I used Pyrex not metal pan. So thought was going to try grinding and using metal pan to DECARB. Checked oven with pizza stone. Heated to 240 front and back were 233, middle was 254 so oven in good range as could hope. The .7g wasn't dry afterwards still soft so didn't think it was decarbed then. Got a lsd25 going now going to do alcohol tincture of just that when done. Ya VG sucks but didn't want to have to burn off alcohol maybe just can't make that way.

Don't change what's working for you!
I decarb at 220F pyrex covered and sealed well, material in the oven during preheat and cool down. Total time in the oven about an hour.

For an oil extraction, I use a crock pot on warm a few hours then off to cool, then warm again...for a couple of days.

For tinctures, IMO, grain alcohol is best. Freezing the material and the alcohol before extraction will lessen the amount of chlorophyll (green slightly bitter taste).
I played around with trying to make my own vape juice. Glycerin does not extract well, only 33% (?). You can extract with alcohol and add glycerin, but then they tend to fall out of suspension.
Here are a few threads that may help you.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/glycerine-tincture-and-vape-stuff.59411/
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/qwet-to-ejuice-step-by-step.47174/
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/the-one-hitter-e-juice.54097/

:smokeit:
So I would be using buds and dried trim/leaves. I should freeze it and the alcohol? When should the decarb happen? I dried the trim so it could be decarbed, should I have just frozen not making hash? I was going to decarb, put in mb2 for 8hrs and strain. Mb2 doesnt decarb so that has to be done somewhere.

Decarb first, then freeze.
I don't always freeze the material, so if you want the benefits of the chlorophyll you don't need to freeze.

Any of the methods can be done with decarbed or nondecarbed material. The difference is, cannabis not decarbed the cannabinoids are in their acid forms. THC is THCa, CBD is CBDa, etc.
THCa is not psychoactive but does have many medical properties. As do the other cannabinoids in their acid forms.

I make two honey tinctures, Green Honey with decarbed cannabis and K-Honey with undecarbed cannabis.
Both tinctures reduce pain, help with sleep, appetite, anxiety etc.
With the only basic difference is no psychoactivity with the K-Honey

Mb2 doesnt decarb so that has to be done somewhere.
I had a Mb2 at one time. I actually find it easier to do it myself...and I don't like the way it pulverizes the material.
I like a rough breaking up of buds.
Unless you plan to consume the material...then the Mb2 would be perfect.

I vote for Costco coconut oil.

Just check to see that it is virgin, cold processed, not refined. deodorized or bleached. It should smell and taste like coconuts for the most health benefits.

If you don't like the smell or taste of coconuts, fractionated coconut oil or MCT oil are good choices.

I have a couple of ladies I make rubs for, who cannot stand the smell of coconuts. For them I can get a jar of refined coconut oil at the grocery store (or Costco :smoking:). On the label I look for how it was refined and make sure non gmo etc.
High heat and chemical refining are best avoided.

Back