Nutrients Has anyone made their own version of FF Big Bloom?

Cap'nCrud

"We have met the enemy, ....... And He, is Us!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Ghost Toof, Forum Stomper
Hello All,

I am a huge fan of Fox Farm Big Bloom in particular, of the trio. I use the heck out of the stuff, going through multiple gallons per grow cycle in just a 4x8 tent.
I read the ingredient list on the bottle, and of course they aren;t going to list everything they put in it, I wouldn't. However, the ingredients they do list are easily obtainable, and relatively inexpensive in bulk separately. I know they use Norwegian kelp and worm castings and Peruvian seabird guano.
I am going to make my own, maybe 5 gallons at a time. I would appreciate any input and/or experience with doing this.
Don't be shy, lets hash this out people! LOL

Hello All,

I am a huge fan of Fox Farm Big Bloom in particular, of the trio. I use the heck out of the stuff, going through multiple gallons per grow cycle in just a 4x8 tent.
I read the ingredient list on the bottle, and of course they aren;t going to list everything they put in it, I wouldn't. However, the ingredients they do list are easily obtainable, and relatively inexpensive in bulk separately. I know they use Norwegian kelp and worm castings and Peruvian seabird guano.
I am going to make my own, maybe 5 gallons at a time. I would appreciate any input and/or experience with doing this.
Don't be shy, lets hash this out people! LOL
As an example of possible discussion: I think I would probably use 3 pounds of wormcastings, a third cup each of seabird and bat guano, third cup of Azomite, third cup of hard rock phosphate, half cup of bone meal, third cup of kelp. and myself, I would add 2 Tablespoons of unsulphered mollases. All of this, mixed with 5 gallons of water with a high speed electric paddle stick for a day, then bubbled individually just before each feeding.
Whatcha think?

Sounds tasty.

Back