Outdoor Get yer toms out

Ribbzzy

Trig, why'd you aways call me Dave?
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
A thread dedicated to all things tomato, and maybe some other stuff too, a mutant size cucumber, possibly a carrot that would make a horse blush, ect.

I love tomatoes, nothing says summer like a tomato vine, covered in sweet red goodies. This year, I've gone mental, and filled one side of my 8x3 greenhouse with all sorts of heirloom, organic toms. I've got 40 cordon :haha: ( like I said, I went mental ) in the greenhouse, and 6 bush in pots to go outside.

My plan is to jar a lot of these so we can store them as long as possible, the rest will be grazed on by the Ribblets, Mrs Ribbz, and a few lucky friends and family.

I'm growing,
Bush toms - Aurora, Grushovka, Urbikany, all early plum toms
Vine Cherry - Chadwick Cherry, Gardeners Ecstacy, Chocolate Cherry, Yellow Delight, and an old mystery variety given to me by my neighbour, who has been growing and saving seed from this for 50 years
Vine Plum/Beef - Feo De Rio Gordo, Red Zebra, Orange Banana, Marmande, Ace 55

My 2 beds, bush toms in pots, waiting to go outside
IMG_6116.JPG
IMG_6117.JPG

just look at my Beef feo de rio flower, it's daffodil sized
IMG_6114.JPG

compared to a cherry tom
IMG_6115.JPG

I think we'll try to have a biggest tomato competition here too, no prizes though, just for kicks and kudos, and you do get to eat your entry afterwards

I'll tags some people who may have interest

@hecno @Waira @smokeyfromau @the green bandit @Mossy @Jraven

Anyone else growing some toms, feel free to throw down here

Ribbz, don't you guys have a little Comp' going already started by @hecno ? Maybe a thread hasn't been started yet "officially",...has now! :woohoo1:
No doubt that's a fat flower mate :eyebrows:

Ribbz, don't you guys have a little Comp' going already started by @hecno ? Maybe a thread hasn't been started yet "officially",...has now! :woohoo1:
No doubt that's a fat flower mate :eyebrows:
I thought I'd start a dedicated thread, I didn't wanna clog up his world with all my updates

Nice and clean this way, all things tom and veg in one place :greenthumb:

This is making me crave marinara sauce with Parma'-cheesy meatballs :drool:...recipe is from our family's old Italian neighbors :thumbsup: ....'Cesca was the most amazing cook! I'll post it up anytime,....

Oh what a great idea , may be recipes for preserving them as well ,sauces ect :thumbsup:
great idea, I for sure, will need some pointers in the right direction on this front
This is making me crave marinara sauce with Parma'-cheesy meatballs :drool:...recipe is from our family's old Italian neighbors :thumbsup: ....'Cesca was the most amazing cook! I'll post it up anytime,....
post away, that sounds like pure comfort food :pie:

Back