New Grower Fungus Gnat cures, preventions, and urban legends.

Thanks mate. She's been infested pretty well the whole time but I give the bugs hell any safe way possible. This thread should be good motivation for anyone reading and suffering the same issues.

Usually insect problems are self correcting in my greenhouse. bugs show up, awhile latter predators show up. I have a stash of diatomaceous earth, and I'm going to get some Green Cleaner to have on hand just in case!
I'm sure the extreme cold limits how well invasive insect species over winter up here. Plants are already well established by the time insect populations have grown enough to become a problem.

Also, for some reason unknown to me, One plant in the entire grow will attract bugs, that's where I see damage, 3 weeks to 1 and 1/2 months in. Predators must be showing up about this time also, new growth completely covers and replaces the damage, and plant begins to have a "no worries" look.

Are there active insects outdoors up there in winter?
I'm going to stick with what is working for me. Apparently the nematodes in my pots came from the worm farm that is also a plant nursery but ask the guy on my next visit there.They were not enough to save the plant.

Are there active insects outdoors up there in winter?
I'm going to stick with what is working for me. Apparently the nematodes in my pots came from the worm farm that is also a plant nursery but ask the guy on my next visit there.They were not enough to save the plant.
no insects until May(usually late), flies are the first to wake up

I hear the snow mosquitoes up there radio in for landing permission!
first ones out in May, when snow still covers all, are huge, lethargic, and don't bite me(?)., they bite Sharon though. 2 more hatches follow, smaller bugs each time. the tiny ones are killer. Don't hover, dive bomb right in

first ones out in May, when snow still covers all, are huge, lethargic, and don't bite me(?)., they bite Sharon though. 2 more hatches follow, smaller bugs each time. the tiny ones are killer. Don't hover, dive bomb right in
mosquito_6.jpg

Back