Fortified Sugar Leaf (and more)

VitaMan

Clean Glass + Green Hit
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Death Bubba, El Chapo, Strawberry Nuggets, Pink Kush...........
I'm sure there is a name for this, I would have read about something similar in the '70s. If you know, please tell me!

I had a small jar of good sugar leaf and a collection of dark gold ISO from a years worth of grinder and tray cleanings. I spontaneously decided to revisit something I did poorly back in the day
(did similar to make caviar a couple years ago...wow...in the next post)

I did one more grinder cleaning, and dumped it on some of the sugar leaf, stirring and adding a bit of leaf as needed until all the ISO was soaked up. It went on to a window sill with a distant fan blowing over it from inside.

I tossed it every once in a while to encourage even drying. From there I left it in the open and crushed some once in a while for a sniff test until the ISO was all gone.

I intended this for burning, but I tried some in the vape. Much to my delight it tasted pretty good. I did a whole bowl in about 6 tokes, thinking I am only getting the surface, not the oil soaked deep inside the leaves. I was thinking the wrong way and I got too high.

It has the texture of tobacco, burns about the same, but tastes yummy like all the bud I have ground up over the year. This is suitable for rolling pinners or a small pipe, or as a festival joint that gets passed among the masses and everyone gets a toke.

Last edited:
Caviar is a pricey treat that sometimes pops up in dispensaries. It is bud that has been coated with oil then rolled in kief.

Being the cheapskate that I am and loving to experiment, I tried my own variation of this using some old Chocolope buds.

I used ethyl just as I would to make extract, but didn't let it evaporate all the way. Like above, I soaked the buds in the strong tincture and let them dry for several days. They were sticky as you can imagine, but rolling them in kief made them easy to handle.

Tasty.

Watch out, this can be quite potent, and only a tiny piece smoked in a hash pipe will get you there.

Last edited:
something I did poorly back in the day

Waay back, I tried a similar thing as the first post but used poor quality starting material- my extract was dark green oil, and the leafs were not so great either. It was so awful that I put a drop of cologne in it hoping to improve the taste. Trust me- don't do that.
it tasted even worse. We only used it out of desperation. My friends called it "aqua velva pot" but more accurately it would be "old spice"

Back