Flushed too early?

I’ve pulled the majority of her.

Sadly her sister has started molding over. Fucking 4oz man! I believe it may have started from my environment and got worse from storing like 6oz in a 5L bucket. Sucks ass. If anyone has any good advice on how to get rid of the mold safely, please advise my best option if any.

Anyway, new environment is in the works and this shit won’t happen again.

Here is one of the colas I pulled.
49C85D5D-EB84-4418-89E8-D8F0126320B6.jpeg

Man - too bad. It happens to all of us. One of the risks of a longer grow. Hang in there!
:pass:

I only have one photo plant growing outside right now and last week I had hot high temperatures in the 80's, lots of hard rain and high humidity with nighttime temperatures now in the 40's. Colas on my plant are big and tightly packed with buds. September just began but I had a large cola break the other day so I cut it off and inspected it, Bud Rot in the center. Kind of hard to inspect buds on a plant over five feet tall.

I had been inspecting the plant daily but it was hidden deep in the cola. Luckily, I was doing a seed run on the plant so I'm not losing anything as I wasn't going to smoke it anyway.

Others have mentioned here on the site that you can use moldy buds when doing an ice water hash run.

I usually wash all weed I intend on smoking as soon as I harvest it. Cut out and dispose of any buds with mold or bud rot. Trim fan leaves and do an initial fast trim of buds to enhance drying. Then wash all your remaining buds in a water/H202 solution completely submerging the weed while slighty agitating it. Remove from bucket and dunk into another bucket with fresh water to rinse. Shake excess water off, hang weed to dry off from wash.

Then let it hang for a few days (I use a fan the first day). after a few days, do your final trim, place in brown paper grocery bags in single layer to continue drying while rearranging daily in a controlled environment.

The H2O2 solution should kill off any existing spores that are on the buds prior to washing. Then if kept in a proper environment to dry you shouldn't get any additional molding.

If you got the mold from improper storage after harvest I would toss it all.

Back