New Grower First Time Growing Journal

Kahdboahd Growah.

I don't even know what I know!
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
First time growing and I'm just kinda winging it. Any advice would be helpfull. So far my plants are about 1 1/2" tall on the 6th day. I've been watering daily small amounts. My water is .000 ppm my tent runs about 84° 34% I'm not sure what my seeds are. I'll be posting pictures throughout.

Right now I just have a 4' 2 bulb flourescent. 6500k. I'm not sure if the seeds I have are auto flower or what... I've had them for awhile and I got them out of bud. I know probably 2/3 will be male.. someone had mentioned sexin them by putting them in 12hrs light and 12 off. Right now they are only 1 1/2" tall. My thinking was if I could get something to grow I'd upgrade the light and such. My tent runs about 84° 34% cheers!

Do you know anything about photoperiod? I don't really know anything. Thanks Stepside!
Sure, I grow em every year.. what you want to know? I start mine in solo cups. Soon as the leaves are as wide as the cup transplant to a bigger container. What are you growing in for dirt? Just dirt, pro mix Coco? I gotta take off for an hour or so but I'll be back. Give us a run down. Dirt nutrients are you gonna grow them indoors or move them out in ..... June I'm guessing.

Actually chances are regular photo seed will more than likely be 2 females every 3 seeds on the average, but you never know. I bought a pack of 10 regs once and got 7 males, and another time I got 8 out of 10 females. But usually on the average, its in favour of females by a bit.

I have mine in solo cups. I plan on moving them outside. I know some about planting outside I don't know anything about feeding or sexing umm I know a good soil is important. I water mine with a spray bottle very lightly. I know a little bit about telling if it's a male or female. I have mine in promix BX (plain Pete with vermiculite no notes or fertilizer.) I'm kinda leaning towards general organics for nutes the grow box they have it has 5 different ones. For around 50$ unless you recommend something better in the same price range. Don't really want to spend a boat load where I don't know what they are. If it works out I'll probably upgrade some stuff. I have ordered a PH meter, jewelers loop and syringes. I have tested my water and it's .000 ppm I will be able to check the ph levels tomorrow :) Have you tried the Cali clean? I don't have any issues yet I was just wondering if it did work?

Actually chances are regular photo seed will more than likely be 2 females every 3 seeds on the average, but you never know. I bought a pack of 10 regs once and got 7 males, and another time I got 8 out of 10 females. But usually on the average, its in favour of females by a bit.
Hey thanks 912GreenSkell. I was told one out of three would be female if I was lucky. But I like your odds better :pass: Do you feel that it is important to sexy your plants if they photoperiod? I appreciate all the feed back so far!
Cheers.

Back