Outdoor First time growing autos and outdoors

Reaction score
hello people, I'm growing my first set of autos outdoors and was planning on bringing them up indoors for 2-3weeks after germination then transferring them outside into the ground. I was planning on using 1 or 2 litre round plastic deep pots. Once transplanted outside I was planning on feeding once every 10days 2 weeks. For my indoor plants I use the nutrients made by Ferro for the greater London area, does anyone have any recommendations for outdoor use?

Has anyone got any tips for transplanting autos, will it be a case timing them perfect and being gentle?

Also has anyone used critical 2.0 by Dinafem or what strains work good for outdoor use in colder conditions than normal?

Any other tips and information would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Is it possible to plant in the ground straight from seed or from 1l pot as don't have no space

Guys have had success planting fabric pots directly into the ground eliminating the need for any real transplant. That the method I will be using this summer. Cold is something I do know very well(northern cannada). Try to avoid near frost conditions on young plants as they will make or break your crop in the end. I still have yet to find an auto that can thrive in real cool weather when young.
Other tips...hmmm...Make sure you introduce the plants to sunlight before putting them fully outside, or at least try to put them out during heavy overcast weather.

Guys have had success planting fabric pots directly into the ground eliminating the need for any real transplant. That the method I will be using this summer. Cold is something I do know very well(northern cannada). Try to avoid near frost conditions on young plants as they will make or break your crop in the end. I still have yet to find an auto that can thrive in real cool weather when young.
Other tips...hmmm...Make sure you introduce the plants to sunlight before putting them fully outside, or at least try to put them out during heavy overcast weather.
wouldnt it be best to just plant the seed in a 3 gallon pot ?

wouldnt it be best to just plant the seed in a 3 gallon pot ?

Well in certain cases it would be ideal to plant directly into a large pot, but in my experience plants will grow bigger in the ground providing native soil is well balanced and loose. Al depends on the plant, and how expansive its root base has the capability to grow. I did a barneys farm auto blue mammoth and despite the very limited sun (7hours), she grew to 51" tall trained, and put out 100g's (barneys farm website it was listed as 15-20g's yield). I give the credit to an unrestricted rootbase.
One nice thing about being in the ground? I can go away for 1 week camping, and know the plant will be fine when I get home.

I planted most of my plants last year direct to ground as seed. Worked fine for me and no transplant shock. Cover them with cups upside down with bottom cut off, this will protect seedlings till they are past their most vulnerable stage. Biggest mistake I have made is planting too early. Not really an issue with photos but with autos you can miss your growth window if the ground is too cold and end up with very small plants. Im near Can/US border, centralish US and early - mid june seems to be ideal here. Ive planted as late as 2nd week of july with decent success. Prep holes a few weeks early at least, consider growing organic, its less work and you get better bud, no flushing necessary.

View media item 1228View media item 1355

Well in certain cases it would be ideal to plant directly into a large pot, but in my experience plants will grow bigger in the ground providing native soil is well balanced and loose. Al depends on the plant, and how expansive its root base has the capability to grow. I did a barneys farm auto blue mammoth and despite the very limited sun (7hours), she grew to 51" tall trained, and put out 100g's (barneys farm website it was listed as 15-20g's yield). I give the credit to an unrestricted rootbase.
One nice thing about being in the ground? I can go away for 1 week camping, and know the plant will be fine when I get home.
a real good story, thanks for sharing

Back