First time grower

Reaction score
First time growing Ak-47 auto indoors, could this be a nutrient deficiency causing the leaves to droop and have slight yellow discoloration?
4B7D7587-7643-4212-8A97-DB20B16FFD45.jpeg
7E8D37D8-789B-4ACE-9735-F58D9E46492E.jpeg

Please fill out info you can, more info, better diagnosis. But honestly, I'm not seeing much of a problem at this stage. It will take a bit for the roots to get established before top growth takes off. A big dose of LITFA helps.

Problem:

Medium/grow method:

Feed: and supplements used:

water source:

Strain/age:

light used:

Climate:

Additional info:

Please fill out info you can, more info, better diagnosis. But honestly, I'm not seeing much of a problem at this stage. It will take a bit for the roots to get established before top growth takes off. A big dose of LITFA helps.

Problem: discoloration

Medium/grow method: premade potting soil (picture below), black kow manure and perlite

Feed: and supplements used: coffee and banana infused water (only used once, thought it would help)

water source: well water

Strain/age: Ak47 about 3 weeks old

light used: 1 t5 light (I had a 1000w creecob led but was adding too much to my power bill) I also give them some window sun time

Climate: indoors ~70-80 degrees

Additional info:
BE53E590-96AC-494F-AD85-830CDD6C11DB.jpeg

Ok. that's just a soil bag.....and should also show the analysis label as well. But fill out the copy-paste form....example is my grow.

Problem: ............Light green leaves with yellowing.

Medium/grow method: ...........Soil-Fox Farm Happy Frog

Feed: and supplements used:.........Advanced Nutrients PH perfect and Bud Candy

water source:...........Ro / Distilled (2/3) and well water (1/3)

Strain/age:...........Durban Poison

light used:.............3 x Mars-Hydro ts1000

Climate:..............68f to 85f, 45% to 60% (rh)

Additional info:
..............3.9 gal autopt, 18/6 light scedule
(nothing wrong with my plants this is just an example of the kind of detailed info that helps to make a good diagnosis.)

The more information they have the better chance at a good diagnosis... :smoking:

SSSOOOORRRRYYYYY.....silly stoners trying to do things before coffeee......I was looking for a post so didn't expand the comment, ignore this post..lol.

Last edited:
But honestly it doesn't look bad for it's age. I've found newer growth tends to be lighter green than older growth and noticed a little moisture on the leaf in bottom pic. If you have any nuttrients in the water it might cause a burn so it's a good idea to water around the stem about an inch out. A good dose of LITFA might be in order.
Edit:.......
Found with my well water it was high in calcium ( auqifer is in limestone) so I use 2/3's distilled or RO water to 1/3 of my well water. Not saying that's your issue but it could become one if you have hard water. The lighting might cause it to stretch looking for more light, good idea to give some natural light time but you might have to figure out a way to get more light....not sure how much draw that creecob is pulling from the wall but all my lights only add about $ 20.00 a month to my light bill.

Last edited:
Read up on that soil.........It contains added fertilizers such as earthworm castings, poultry manure, and kelp meal, .......with the added black kow it might be a little hot so watch for tip burn......but I think if you can get a better idea on how hard your water is and dial in the PH ( I used a cheap pool ph setup my first 2 grows) you should be good. The nutrients that are present already in the soil should be good enough for the veg stage( my HF depletes after 4 to 5 weeks) then start in with bloom nutes it should be OK. I have found the PH perfect line works best if your at least somewhat close to the ideal range. I shoot for 6.0 to 6.5 before giving to my plants.......Good Luck on the grow and patience at this point is probably best. Going to be a lot going on under the soil before you see much up top.

Read up on that soil.........It contains added fertilizers such as earthworm castings, poultry manure, and kelp meal, .......with the added black kow it might be a little hot so watch for tip burn......but I think if you can get a better idea on how hard your water is and dial in the PH ( I used a cheap pool ph setup my first 2 grows) you should be good. The nutrients that are present already in the soil should be good enough for the veg stage( my HF depletes after 4 to 5 weeks) then start in with bloom nutes it should be OK. I have found the PH perfect line works best if your at least somewhat close to the ideal range. I shoot for 6.0 to 6.5 before giving to my plants.......Good Luck on the grow and patience at this point is probably best. Going to be a lot going on under the soil before you see much up top.
Thanks! I’ll keep an eye on it and try out the distilled water it could be one of the problems.

I started growing one year ago. I initially used that soil. I kept chasing light settings (too bright?), nute levels (too much? Too little?), watering amounts, Vpd, everything. Every one of my attempts resulted in stunted, yellow-green seedlings. I almost gave up growing altogether. By chance, my ag supply company happened to start selling Fox Farms, so I switched to Happy Frog. The difference was MIND BLOWING. As an experiment to try to confirm my suspicion, I planted two jalapeno seedlings in Kellogg and 2 in Happy Frog. I’ll try to find the pic, but my test confirmed that Kellogg’s soil is absolute crap. The jalapeños barely grew and remained a sickly yellow. The HF seedlings took off, vibrant green…

I am now a HF-devotee. My plants are doing great (with the help of all the AFN wisdom!). Kellogg’s has a very special place in gardening hell awaiting them….

ETA pic

Attachments

• 3F027BD6-28EB-4BD2-AB16-45CD6B85E3EC.jpeg
    3F027BD6-28EB-4BD2-AB16-45CD6B85E3EC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I started growing one year ago. I initially used that soil. I kept chasing light settings (too bright?), nute levels (too much? Too little?), watering amounts, Vpd, everything. Every one of my attempts resulted in stunted, yellow-green seedlings. I almost gave up growing altogether. By chance, my ag supply company happened to start selling Fox Farms, so I switched to Happy Frog. The difference was MIND BLOWING. As an experiment to try to confirm my suspicion, I planted two jalapeno seedlings in Kellogg and 2 in Happy Frog. I’ll try to find the pic, but my test confirmed that Kellogg’s soil is absolute crap. The jalapeños barely grew and remained a sickly yellow. The HF seedlings took off, vibrant green…

I am now a HF-devotee. My plants are doing great (with the help of all the AFN wisdom!). Kellogg’s has a very special place in gardening hell awaiting them….

ETA pic
yup, quite happy with the HF for now myself.

Back