First time grower, outdoor pot size and fertilizers scheme

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First time grower here! I have ordered a few seeds from RQS and while I am waiting for their delivery I have been researching everything I can about growing. I live in a hot Mediterranean climate in a secluded area so i have no reason not to go outdoors in my garden. The plants will be placed in pots as the soil here is mainly clay with poor drainage.

The seeds that I got are Royal Jack Automatic and Haze Berry Automatic. I have checked that for indoor growing, pots up to 11 litres (2.5 gallons) are used but many say for outdoor growing you need a bigger 15-20 litre pot. I was thinking of a 15 litre pot as a middle ground, dont wanna go too big unless it is absolutely needed (better mobility and more budget friendly).

For soil & fertilizer scheme I was thinking Biobizz light mix with BIotabs starter kit. I want a dead simple organic system, that i do not need to tend much except water them. Ideally i would like to use super soil however, preparing is not possible at this moment. Should I mix biobizz lightmix with perlite for extra drainage? I am worried that maybe the extra drainage may force me to water more often as summers here get pretty hot 25-30C and cause more problems than solving. Except the biotabs starter pack what other fertilizer/booster would you recommend? I want a simple setup that just works but I am open to recommendations that will greatly improve my crop.

Moreover, i think I will be watering them with just plain tap water, from what I read there is no reason to ph-modify it. however, water here is kind of hard, potable but hard, hopefully this is not an issue? Another thought is using distilled water from the super market with Biobizz Calmag maybe it is better or it's an overkill? With my biotabs starter pack i think i can go for 3 pots of 15 litres which I think is a good number for a first time grower.

Lastly, germination will probably be done in the small container you get from nurseries for vegetables etc. then I would transplant it after a couple of weeks into the permanent pot. For soil I will use light mix. Hopefully the transplant shock will not be a issue. Kind of tricky for a first time grower to go directly into the permanent medium. Anything else i should keep in mind for growing outdoors? Thanks in advance!

This super soil mix is wat I use with added mykos and I top dress with roots organic bloom uprisings during flower once or twice. The easiest grow method I've used if you I can fill u in on the way I mix it also it says to add earth worm castings bit I've done with out and I works fine also with this super soil there is no cook time u mix and plant.

Back