New Grower First time grower - need seedling advice

Would love some advice, the plant remains limp yet still continues to grow. It's my highest and largest plant, yet it looks the saddest. Any reason why it continues to grow and get bigger, but the leaves and plant are hanging? Ph of the soil is at 6.9-7.

I don't know what 2 cups is in ml m8.. im in the UK.. but my guessing its way too little for that plant.. give it 1L of feed/water and in 24 hours I'll bet it looks a lot better.. it needs a good feed bro.

Reactions: AMG
Better still give her 2L and watch her go.. she'll need fed again after that in about 2 days.

Thank you for the help! Most my plants have recovered and have also successfully been transplanted into 3/5 gallon pots. One plant however continues to struggle and wilt. It's about 16 days old and was transplanted 4 days ago, I'm watering it with 2 cups of water and just added a tiny bit of nutes (Grow Big & Big Bloom at 1/4) for the first time. I'm watering roughly every 3 days. It's an auto blue dream. The plant continues to show new growth, but everything new seems wilted as well. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm still in FFHF soil, 20/4 schedule with my lights 18 inches above at 75% intensity. My tent is kept at 80 degrees during the day and 75 when the lights go off, humidity is at 60%.

View attachment 1357332View attachment 1357333

that looks bone-dry from where i'm sitting. once you transplant you water it in fully, for me that meant 2galons of water. after that you gotta play the wet/dry cycle game of soils. wait until it's not too dry but dry enough then water just enough to saturate but not swamp it.

that whole dance routine is why I personally prefer coco, where I can just dump enough water in until it's dripping wet and be done with it.

That goes for them all m8.. if you can't water to run off then learn how much the pots hold just before they run out the bottom and go wet dry cycle using the weight of the pot as your indicator.. but it will probably be every 36/48 hours they need fed at the minute I'd guess. Good luck bro.

water your plants dude.. Its very very hard to overwater in cloth pots. Your plants are trying to grow but cannot grow roots into dry soil.

I'm no expert, but 2 cups of water seems like too little for a 3 or 5gal pot. I'd bet your girls are just thirsty.

Hi All - Happy to report my plants have recovered and doing well, just going into week 7. I've just begun to start adding tiger bloom into the mix at 1/4 percent.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to see some marks on my leaves, would love some advice. I thought it was a calcium deficiency based on past photos shared here, but after two more watering with cal mag I still continue to see new marks. I am seeing these marks on about 5-10% of my leaves. My current temps are staying at 78 degrees and 55% humidity with just the one 300W LED mentioned in my first post.

Sharing pics of my latest (ignore slight leaf droop from watering, gone 30 min later) and the leaves with marks. 20210909_125226.jpg20210911_111516.jpg

Additional pictures as shown on the plant, really hoping someone may have advice. 20210912_100356.jpg20210912_100406.jpg20210912_100406.jpg

Happy frog doesnt have all that much in it compared to ocean forest. Do you have a ppm meter and can you test the runoff water? Looks like its hungry because early flower... but others more knowledgeable on bottled nutrients might have a better idea... Knowing what the runoff ppm and ph would give some semi useful clues tho...

@Mañ'O'Green might be able to take a look.

DCLXVI

Solid advice.
Your nutrients are out of balance an/or the PH is wrong. You need to learn how to water and fertilize with Balanced nutrients.

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

This is fun my first time, but also a bit nerve wracking as something always seems to be off - hopefully practice makes perfect.

My newest issue appears to maybe be a calcium deficiency, but I'm currently giving 1 tsp of cal mag per gallon every other day. Should I up that?
20210922_084201.jpg

Reactions: AMG
Back