First time grower at week 10 of veg? Help

Reaction score
Hey guys
Hoping I might get some help / advice on what I’m dealing with. Firstly, seems as though I didn’t do nearly enough research into the importance of quality seeds from quality breeders. Here’s what I got:
Jack Herer auto by Canuck Seeds
5 gal fabric pot with only FFOF
150W full spectrum LED grow light ($39 from Amazon)

Here’s my 10 week old autoflower??
F93E2F01-1173-437E-9FD1-04D85E9444D2.jpeg
9E30EF97-E70F-47BC-9DB9-C3DE39D3C4B6.jpeg
35684F49-C96A-4ED1-9509-44964FD063BB.jpeg
EDA52321-1D0B-45F3-9896-64BD76A07977.jpeg
C2FB7371-54F9-4666-BBFB-BB1153C27404.jpeg
C0062ED4-2EF4-40AA-9052-23F874916367.jpeg
11CAA488-D525-4535-AF69-E756777153FC.jpeg

These are the first signs of flowers I’ve see
33761782-39B4-4E52-82E9-6DA886B94D1B.jpeg
0E280B0F-DD98-4857-B0BA-A67139437A45.jpeg

Obviously I’ve done some beginners work LST and defoliating but she has always responded well. Anyways with her being 10 weeks old and just the first hint of pre flowers, I’m beginning to wonder if this might not be a photoperiod plant. Almost forgot I had be on a 24hr cycle until just the last week or so and switched to 12/12 after reading some suggestions.

Please let me know your thoughts, advice, etc. I don’t want to give up on her because she seems to be a healthy plant but if I’m just wasting my time then I guess the plug may need pulled.

Can’t wait to hear from you all

Attachments

• 42A37C26-BB05-41B4-8F0F-10FA21F0CAFA.jpeg
    42A37C26-BB05-41B4-8F0F-10FA21F0CAFA.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
Hey guys
Hoping I might get some help / advice on what I’m dealing with. Firstly, seems as though I didn’t do nearly enough research into the importance of quality seeds from quality breeders. Here’s what I got:
Jack Herer auto by Canuck Seeds
5 gal fabric pot with only FFOF
150W full spectrum LED grow light ($39 from Amazon)

Here’s my 10 week old autoflower??
View attachment 1253664View attachment 1253665View attachment 1253666View attachment 1253667View attachment 1253668View attachment 1253669View attachment 1253670

These are the first signs of flowers I’ve see
View attachment 1253671View attachment 1253672

Obviously I’ve done some beginners work LST and defoliating but she has always responded well. Anyways with her being 10 weeks old and just the first hint of pre flowers, I’m beginning to wonder if this might not be a photoperiod plant. Almost forgot I had be on a 24hr cycle until just the last week or so and switched to 12/12 after reading some suggestions.

Please let me know your thoughts, advice, etc. I don’t want to give up on her because she seems to be a healthy plant but if I’m just wasting my time then I guess the plug may need pulled.

Can’t wait to hear from you all

heya @Tcmiller3 and :welcome: to afn! :toke: yup, soundz like the classic case of a lil too much photo-in-the-pheno, lol :rolleyes2: but by all meanz, don't give up on her :nono: she may take an xtra minute to finish, but will no doubt give a great yield :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:

Hey I have socks just like you wear :rofl: @Tcmiller3:welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:. Canuck Seeds have a good reputation here but sometimes autos just have the Ruderalis genes go recessive? It just happens.

Environmental factors can slow flowering also like too cold? Your $39 dollar lights are suspect for not being in the proper PAR range. Are they grow lights or shop lights? Plants look healthy enough. So try changing the light schedule to 12/12 and see if that starts them flowering

:goodluck:

Welcome!

Curious, why aren't you trimming your fan leaves or branches back all the way when you defoliate? Usually when trimming a plant, you want to get them all the way back to the stalk so the plant stops sending energy down them.

It could just be the light cycle as was mentioned, since the light does have it growing, but if you have been at 12/12 for a week and not seen any changes, then I don't know that is it. Maybe another one of those lights added on would give enough power to get it flowering?

Is your open room you grow in exposed to other lights that might be on it while the grow light is off? Maybe there is other lighting interfering with it?

Do you now the general temp there as well? I'm basically trying to see if there are other environmental factors in the area that might be contributing to the issue.

Grow it out, looks healthy. Finishing my first auto grow and there can be big differences between them. 2 00seeds sweet soma, 1 never got above 11 inches tall, about 3 inches fat now, the other is near 24 inches and about 1.5 inches fat. Shorty is almost all done but the tall one has only half the cola nearing ready the other half only seem half way into flower. 65/70 day plants that are fixing to go over 100 days. So...ya just never know and a good farmer adjusts and rolls with it.

Welcome!

Curious, why aren't you trimming your fan leaves or branches back all the way when you defoliate? Usually when trimming a plant, you want to get them all the way back to the stalk so the plant stops sending energy down them.

It could just be the light cycle as was mentioned, since the light does have it growing, but if you have been at 12/12 for a week and not seen any changes, then I don't know that is it. Maybe another one of those lights added on would give enough power to get it flowering?

Is your open room you grow in exposed to other lights that might be on it while the grow light is off? Maybe there is other lighting interfering with it?

Do you now the general temp there as well? I'm basically trying to see if there are other environmental factors in the area that might be contributing to the issue.
When I first read this I said WHAT. Then I realized you were talking about the piece of stem left behind after he cut off the fan leaf. I do not believe in defoliating (except for airflow) The fan leaves are the energy factories for the plant. They convert light into carbohydrates that in turn feed the plant for growth. The more energy the bigger the flowers.

There are two schools of thought when you do trim and the consideration is secondary infections. The way that @Tcmiller3 did it is the safest. The wound on the plant is as small as it can get and the stem will "seal" faster. Be sure to use sanitized shears to cut with. The remaining stub will eventually just dry up and drop off. It does not steal energy from the plant. The other way is to snap them off at the stalk/stem union. This is faster and easier to do but it comes with a higher risk for infection. The wound can be bigger and take longer to seal up. Infections are rare but once started can doom the plant.

Other lights in the room would be irrelevant to Autos, photos are a whole different kettle of fish. I had a single little red led power light indicator on a controller inside my tent when I first started growing. It was no problem for the autos I was growing. Then I decided to grow some photos. It took me a whole month to figure out why they would not flower after flipping to 12/12. I put a piece of electrical tape over the led and botaboom bottabang Flowers.

When I first read this I said WHAT. Then I realized you were talking about the piece of stem left behind after he cut off the fan leaf. I do not believe in defoliating (except for airflow) The fan leaves are the energy factories for the plant. They convert light into carbohydrates that in turn feed the plant for growth. The more energy the bigger the flowers.

There are two schools of thought when you do trim and the consideration is secondary infections. The way that @Tcmiller3 did it is the safest. The wound on the plant is as small as it can get and the stem will "seal" faster. Be sure to use sanitized shears to cut with. The remaining stub will eventually just dry up and drop off. It does not steal energy from the plant. The other way is to snap them off at the stalk/stem union. This is faster and easier to do but it comes with a higher risk for infection. The wound can be bigger and take longer to seal up. Infections are rare but once started can doom the plant.

Other lights in the room would be irrelevant to Autos, photos are a whole different kettle of fish. I had a single little red led power light indicator on a controller inside my tent when I first started growing. It was no problem for the autos I was growing. Then I decided to grow some photos. It took me a whole month to figure out why they would not flower after flipping to 12/12. I put a piece of electrical tape over the led and botaboom bottabang Flowers.
Good information thank you! Instead of snaping at the stem, I've usually trimmed at that point. I get what you are saying though that this is a smaller surface area how @Tcmiller3 did it.

I'm here to learn and I appreciate that knowledge!

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. I’ll try to be patient and let her go at her own speed. I’ll stick with the 12/12 and hope that she starts flowering.
Assuming she starts flowering, at which point should I stop 12/12?

Regarding the lights, they are advertised on Amazon as ‘grow’ lights with good reviews but who knows with Amazon.

Regarding the temperature..,,embarrassingly, I’m not sure. I have them in my garage and even though the nights are getting cooler, the temperature is still comfortable to me in a t-shirt and shorts. This would lead me to believe that the temperature range is okay. That and the fact that she seems to be a really healthy plant but this is my first time so I may be way off base.

What do you guys think of the possibility of her being a photoperiod plant?

Regarding the lights, they are advertised on Amazon as ‘grow’ lights with good reviews but who knows with Amazon.

Regarding the temperature..,,embarrassingly, I’m not sure. I have them in my garage and even though the nights are getting cooler, the temperature is still comfortable to me in a t-shirt and shorts. This would lead me to believe that the temperature range is okay. That and the fact that she seems to be a really healthy plant but this is my first time so I may be way off base.

What do you guys think of the possibility of her being a photoperiod plant?
The possibility is probable. As others suggest, stay on 12/12, grow her out, and watch the stray light and you should get some bud.
Good luck with her. :pighug:

Back