New Grower First Time Grow: Diesel Berry Auto by Auto Seeds

Reaction score
Hi All! After much preparation and anticipation, I have finally begun my very first grow. I will be growing 1 x Diesel Berry Auto by Auto Seeds (tent is only big enough for one plant).

- Strain: 1 x Diesel Berry Auto by Auto Seeds

- Grow Space: 2x2x4 Oshion High-Reflective Grow Tent

- Medium: Soil (70% BioBizz Light Mix, 30% Perlite) in 5 gallon GardenMate Grow Bag

- Water: Generic Distilled Water (pH 5.8 WTF) + pH Up

- Nutrients: BioBizz Stimulants & Indoor Fertilizer (Feeding Schedule: https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/bio_bizz_feeding_shedule_auto_s_1.jpg)

- Lighting: 6 x 2700k CFLs + 6 x 6500k CFLs (Schedule: 19 hours light/5 hours dark)

- Lighting Accessories: 3 x Light Bulb Socket Power Cords w/ 3 x 1 to 4 Socket Splitters

- Exhaust: 4” iPower Inline Fan-->Duct Muffler-->Activated Carbon Filter w/ Variable Fan Speed Controller

- Intake: 6” Flared Duct Collar w/ Double Layer 8” Carbon Duct Filter

- Fans: 2 x 4” Dual Powered Desk Fans

- Miscellaneous: Rapid Rooter Plug; 24 Hour Timer; Digital pH Meter; Indoor Humidity Monitor; Plastic Twists (for LST); Plastic Syringe (for measuring nutes); Pruning Snip; LED Pocket Microscope; Duct Tape (duh)

At around 11:30am, I added my BioBizz/Perlite mix to the grow bag, placed it on a couple cookie sheets I had laid down on the floor of the tent, and gave it a good soaking. I’m using distilled water I bought from the grocery store, thinking it would have a neutral pH (it did not). I decided not to adjust it at first because I wanted to check the pH of the run off before messing around with it; it measured the same 5.8, so I will be adding a little pH up from now on. I then soaked a rapid rooter in the same distilled water, placed the seed inside, and planted it about an inch down directly into the grow bag. I turned on the little desk fans I had mounted on the sides, zipped up the tent and turned on the lights. I have the lights about half a foot above the bag. Unless the tent starts becoming a full on sauna, I’m going to wait until the seed sprout to turn on the exhaust, so for now the exhaust opening is sealed up. Temp is +/- 80 degrees, humidity is +/- 80% Here’s what the whole thing looks like:

IMG_20160716_142139.jpg
IMG_20160716_142349.jpg

Yes, I know the exhaust setup is huge, but what are you gonna do. I guess that's what the variable speed controller is for. Anyway, I'll be updating as often as it is practical. I'd also appreciate all the feedback and/or advice you have to offer. Wish me luck!

Best of luck with the grow puppy...:pass:

Very nice setup.Oh and welcome to AFN.Any questions along the way feel free to give us a holler.Best of luck on your grow.:karmacloud::pass:

Back