New Grower First grow: the good, the bad & the ugly.

I just noticed your pic are you blowing air into the tent with that? Or it's extracting air into the filter outside? You want the filter inside the tent so the air sucks threw the carbon and then exausts out the tent.

I just noticed your pic are you blowing air into the tent with that? Or it's extracting air into the filter outside? You want the filter inside the tent so the air sucks threw the carbon and then exausts out the tent.

Much appreciate your input - my jaw isn't made out of glass so swing. The line under my avatar says it all: watch/listen/learn. Your comments weren't taken as negative criticism at all.

I will however stand here flat-footed, look you straight in the eye and say "you clearly owe me a beer" after you loose "the little plant doesn't stink outside of the tent before the inline fan/filter installation" bet :tongue:

I'm no engineer but I can say with certainty that an activated carbon filter is going to filter no matter what direction air passes through it. Sorry for the pre-school ish artwork. Could be wrong but I don't think it matters much in the end.

diagram.jpeg

It's because your fan isn't powerful enough to do it efficiently that way I tried it that same way only difference was my filter was in tent but fan was way off. It's definately your call it does work with what it pushes out of the vent but the oder came out of my tent cause there wasn't enough negative pressure. I have what they call prison weed for smell but maybe you have a stronger sniffer.

It's because your fan isn't powerful enough to do it efficiently that way I tried it that same way only difference was my filter was in tent but fan was way off. It's definately your call it does work with what it pushes out of the vent but the oder came out of my tent cause there wasn't enough negative pressure. I have what they call prison weed for smell but maybe you have a stronger sniffer.

Understood.

I will admit to being confused about the "..it pushes..." part of your comment.

The fan is *pulling* air through the tent. The fan is currently running at it's slowest speed setting. Air movement being drawn into the tent can easily be felt by placing your hand in front of the air intake (bottom right-hand corner of diagram). Warm air from inside the tent can be felt exiting the carbon filter. I have more negative pressure than I know what to do with. I'll have to research "prison weed" :smoking: Thanks again

Understood.

I will admit to being confused about the "..it pushes..." part of your comment.

The fan is *pulling* air through the tent. The fan is currently running at it's slowest speed setting. Air movement being drawn into the tent can easily be felt by placing your hand in front of the air intake (bottom right-hand corner of diagram). Warm air from inside the tent can be felt exiting the carbon filter. I have more negative pressure than I know what to do with. I'll have to research "prison weed" :smoking: Thanks again

I've just never heard of anyone pushing air threw a carbon filter from the inside out usually it's pulled threw into the filter then out but if it works it works just never seen, at first I was confused I thought you had the filter just sat outside the tent and just trying to filter the entire garage lol then I seen the pic.

Your fan may be more powerful than mine too I'm a tight wad but they work for 30 bucks shipped at least you will know if you have any issues you can just grab some tape and straps and fix it if it happens :cheers:

I'm growing Sour Livers from Mephisto it's Sour Crack x The Livers they call it prison weed cause it is so stinky not that it matters cause I'm legal but I don't let anyone know.

I thought yours couldn't stink cause mine didn't at that age and I usually don't hear of them stinking till they develop more but I've only tried one strain so could be wrong. Mine did have a smell but I wouldn't say it stunk more of a plant floral smell or something now its stinky socks which is developing into a berry like smell.

34C6E1C3-DF5B-439A-BE12-A408B43BF23C.jpeg
I've just never heard of anyone pushing air threw a carbon filter from the inside out usually it's pulled threw into the filter then out but if it works it works just never seen, at first I was confused I thought you had the filter just sat outside the tent and just trying to filter the entire garage lol then I seen the pic.

Your fan may be more powerful than mine too I'm a tight wad but they work for 30 bucks shipped at least you will know if you have any issues you can just grab some tape and straps and fix it if it happens :cheers:

I'm growing Sour Livers from Mephisto it's Sour Crack x The Livers they call it prison weed cause it is so stinky not that it matters cause I'm legal but I don't let anyone know.

I thought yours couldn't stink cause mine didn't at that age and I usually don't hear of them stinking till they develop more but I've only tried one strain so could be wrong. Mine did have a smell but I wouldn't say it stunk more of a plant floral smell or something now its stinky socks which is developing into a berry like smell.

Right on. I’ll have to check out your grow for sure! I appreciate any and all comments. This diagram was unceremoniously ripped from the web - if I knew the owner I’d identify them here.

It's all good :bighug::pass: wanna hear something to lighten the mood? I was ph'ing my water earlier with these new water jugs and my water is like 8 before I ph it so it had a lot of the ph down in it (Acid) well I am shaking the gallon jug like I do with my other containers to mix and bam the lid flys off and a whole gallon of water falls all over my front and privates and arse which then started having a weird sensation so I had to go shower it all off :crying:

CBD Crack day 16 from seed. Lighting is poor - the plant isn’t lime green in color. What a difference 24 hrs can make.
66488381-F202-47A1-A7C1-6AA346E9D8A8.jpeg

Documentation. CBD Crack [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG].

Attachments

• 9858E2BF-899D-4B55-B46F-6CB09EDAC3B9.jpeg
    9858E2BF-899D-4B55-B46F-6CB09EDAC3B9.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 57
  • F3416EA9-6B6C-4971-9EF3-00C3AABCC9E6.jpeg
    F3416EA9-6B6C-4971-9EF3-00C3AABCC9E6.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 58
Back