New Grower First grow setup

Have a water ph tester. As well as a soil ph/light/ moisture tester.

Tent will be in spare room, house temperature averages about 73 in the room with 65rh. Have an installed exhaust fan in room to pull heat out if I need to. Plan to vent into room unless temp runs high then will vent outside. With passive air intake with filter.
Beautiful environment. My personal experience is that same room venting works for about 1 day. Then it starts getting toasty in the tent. My 10x12 room with a 2.5x2.5 tent increased about 10 degrees in 1 day from same room venting causing the tent to go up 7 degrees. If possible, go at least to another room if not outside.
Best of luck!!

Fire one off for me [emoji108] HG

Welcome to AFN @rlsachs2003 . To get someone’s attention put the atmark @ in front of their AFN name like I did for you.

The only soil probe rated as usable here so far is the Accurate 8, too many others are just not accurate enough. PH is critical for best plants.

Have a water ph tester. As well as a soil ph/light/ moisture tester.

Tent will be in spare room, house temperature averages about 73 in the room with 65rh. Have an installed exhaust fan in room to pull heat out if I need to. Plan to vent into room unless temp runs high then will vent outside. With passive air intake with filter.

You will need to vent to the outside, even if it is just an open window. That HPS light and ballast are just like a space heater and the RH (humidity) will also continue to climb out of desirable levels; even though the desirable levels are higher than you think! refer to the previously posted VPD chart.

Was curious if anyone has had luck starting there seeds in rapid rooters already placed in final grow pot?

Less handling and no need to transplant

Yes, this is doable. I have done it many times myself with much better results than the paper towel method I condemn.

I have been trying to steer clear of led lights. Would I be better off going with an led to keep temperatures down?

Back