New Grower First Grow Ever! (Found seeds) Candy Kush & Trans Siberia Auto

Real glad to see you resolved your plants issue relating to blasting them with nutes

As @BigSm0 said, it we not here to judge but to help one another.

I really do wish I coulda spent more time on the frame / fixture for the COB, but unfortunately its going to cost funds that I do not have, so I cut corners and what not

So back to your plants, you are about 5 days ahead of me, so I will be using your journal as a pace setter for my grow, hope us young ones can grow some respectable plants... the fact that you are doing your research bodes well for the future

Happy growing

DAY 8 - DAY 10

Over the next few days I continue to check on my babys, giving the medium about half a litre of Ph'ed water mixed with Cal/Mag and also added some Seasol on day 10 which I bought as it is meant to be good for root growth in tomato plants, so I figure it should work ok with cannabis seeing they come from the same family. I only watered when the top of the coco/perlite mix looked/felt dryish.
278c3e99967f418d2ed6ab5a9dd05e60.jpg
d6bde38ee442498ddf43af89835b2a1c.jpg
04d762495960e1502ad1ebec259dd0b6.jpg
8fe2e1e0b5b678853bf8f0a967f9bc39.jpg
34f6d80106479cf44694ff9e2a41ac5c.jpg

Note: Every time ive made a mix for watering my coco so far, wether its with hydro nutes or without, I always add 1 teaspoon of Cal/Mag per 4 litres and now 10mls of Seasol per 4 litres (not sure if u should add these supplements from the very beginning or not with autos?).

EDIT: I realised I should only be feeding my plants 30ml MAX Seasol every 2 weeks, so from now on I will only add this supp when feeding nutes, keeping every other feed regular Ph'ed water & Cal/Mag.

This is the plant that got nute fried, looking healthy as ever now :) although I think its growth may have been stunted slightly. I believe this is also the Trans Siberia Auto strain.
175171e4f7058dc07de63e15717e093a.jpg

Everything is looking good so far, the flush went smoothly and the little buggers are starting to take shape now. I decided to move the plants a foot closer to the lights again seeing as the problem with nutes was resolved.
49d191fc2da895b03ef788a2cec9afae.jpg

Last edited:
I'll tag along until someone starts trying to convince you that cob lighting is the only way to go... just do your thing brother and don't get sucked down that rabbit hole... best of luck!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Just read through your journal and what an interesting way to get your seeds and your set up is pretty cool there. Good deal on backing off and letting her recover. I heard this somewhere I think pop22 or someone said giving nutes to a seedling is like giving a T Bone steak to a newborn they don't need it or want it an that's a good analogy. The last grow I did I had two seeds in 3 pots and pulled the best plant and actually had my daughter in law (she has small hands to pull them and transplant them. I saw what a root system a small seedling(I think they were 3 or 4 days old) it is fragile and tiny and that was a great thing for me to see personally. They look good keep up the good work. Now if you will excuse me I am off to the train station:biggrin::headbang: also:welcome:and have this for coming in a starting what looks to be a real good 1st journal.:slap:

I'll tag along until someone starts trying to convince you that cob lighting is the only way to go... just do your thing brother and don't get sucked down that rabbit hole... best of luck!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Haha it does seem like COB lighting is the new thing now hey, but ill take your word, im sure they are good but im sure we can still get similar results with oldschool lighting.

Thanks man!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I am on my first indoor and I can tell you I love coco. No matter what mistake you make with nutes PH ect. I have learned the hard way you can adjust and just keep watering and it will work itself out.

Just read through your journal and what an interesting way to get your seeds and your set up is pretty cool there. Good deal on backing off and letting her recover. I heard this somewhere I think pop22 or someone said giving nutes to a seedling is like giving a T Bone steak to a newborn they don't need it or want it an that's a good analogy. The last grow I did I had two seeds in 3 pots and pulled the best plant and actually had my daughter in law (she has small hands to pull them and transplant them. I saw what a root system a small seedling(I think they were 3 or 4 days old) it is fragile and tiny and that was a great thing for me to see personally. They look good keep up the good work. Now if you will excuse me I am off to the train station[emoji3]:headbang: also:welcome:and have this for coming in a starting what looks to be a real good 1st journal.:slap:

Thanks for your kind words man! I can't believe my first grow is actually going this smoothly and im managing to keep things under control. It goes to show that really doing your research will ensure the best life possible for your plants no matter what your budget is.

Awesome how you have seen the seedlings roots like that, would be a great way to guage what your plants are doing behind the scenes.

Appreciate the warm welcome dude and yes you never know what you may find at the traino, honestly, a friend of mine once found an ounce of methamphetamine at one a few years ago and sold it to his mate for a couple thousand just like that [emoji33].

Will post up some more progess and photos this afternoon (today in realtime is day 13 above ground).

Stay tuned [emoji1]

Last edited:
Back