Grow Mediums First grow blue treacle second grow ak auto and blue treacle

Reaction score
Hi AFN and fellow coco growers.
After hours upon hours of research I thought I was ready to begin my first grow. I decided to use coco after reading it was extremely difficult to overwater and thought well that sounds idiot proof...... Perfect for me!! Complete newbie so all advice, tips and hints and welcome and if anything isn't documented or anyone has any questions just ask. Looking forward to getting involved on AFN

My set up -
Lighthouse max tent 0.5x100x180
Swift air 2speed extractor fan and carbon filter
1x 250w cool white clf 1x250w warm white clf
1x 6inch fan 1x oscillating fan
11litlre fabric pots
Coco specific Vitalink nutrients

Just a quick note my grow is at day 64, but will try to document each stage from the beginning. Peace :baked:

Blue treacle from feminised seeds was my choice for my first grow.
20160407_134401-1.jpg
I planted her directly into a seedlings/cutting soil with specific nutrients in already for seeds to start. I pre flushed the soil with rain water which I checked with ph paper (not the most accurate but I'm only just starting out).

With the fear of over Watering I just used a spray bottle to apply water still using rain water which I heated slightly so it wasn't too cold and shocked the roots. And just applied a small amount in a circle around my girl when the surface started to dry
20160415_165927.jpg
Quick question people why are my pics sideways even if I rotate them before uploading?

With the fear of over Watering I just used a spray bottle to apply water still using rain water which I heated slightly so it wasn't too cold and shocked the roots. And just applied a small amount in a circle around my girl when the surface started to dryView attachment 584696Quick question people why are my pics sideways even if I rotate them before uploading?
I rotate my phone and when I upload them there fine but if I take the pic with the phone upright it loads them sideways all the best with ure grow buddy also welcome to afn the best canna place in the world

Transplanting! I was so paranoid about my girl getting root bound I probably moved her a bit early......... Another stressful week ahead! Anyhow transplanted her into an 11litlre fabric pot 80%coco 20%perlite which I had pre flushed again with rain water and 1/4 strength of recommended nutes
20160417_062513.jpg

Ahhh starting to stretch a bit too much after transplanting moved my light much closer.

After a few weeks I started my water and nutes. The plan was to water water nutes and then increase to water nutes nutes. I used 1/2 strength nutes with about 1 and 1/2 litre rain water which I heated again only slightly so it wasn't too cold. The coco wasn't completely dry so this allowed just a little run off.
20160424_145935.jpg
20160428_152945.jpg
20160501_065431.jpg

After her second lot of nutes my girl started growing quickly. No problems so far so uped the feeding to nutes nutes water. With the same process as before. Increasing the water tho until a small amount of run off.... She starting to get thirsty!
20160505_155940.jpg
20160505_160318.jpg
20160506_141055.jpg

Back