Feeding chem vs organic

Reaction score
Quick question about the Fox Farm trio...

Big Bloom seems like an organic guano/castings blend, yet the Grow Big and Tiger Bloom look like straight chemical fertilizers. I’ve read that pouring chemical nutes into an organic environment basically neutralizes most of the benefits of the organics. Is this accurate?

If so, why am I using Big Bloom (seemingly organic) in combination with Grow Big (seemingly chem)? Should I swap or change something?

Last grow went great, but I’m also a total beginner at gardening, and I've learned that autos can be pretty sensitive. If there’s an obvious switch I should make that would be better for the plants, I’d love any insight. Much thanks.

Doubt it. Nitrate is Nitrate, whether it comes from bat poo or commercial salts. Same for the other nutrients.

I would think the issue with mixing the two is which directions to follow. How do you know if you are giving the plant the right amount, too much, or too little?

Right? I have no plans on fixing what ain't broke. I've just seen some growers here and there busting on FF and wanted to look into it a bit deeper. I appreciate the confirmation.

To me spending time and learning how to read the plants has been fascinating. They really do seem to tell you how they're doing and what they need. If I've learned anything so far, the FF recommended feeding amounts are way too high especially for autos. Next time I'm planning on starting at 1/8 and increasing in increments from there, paying attention to how they react along the way. I started with 1/2 last time and still burned a few.

Back