FB Green Crack Auto - purple buds/leaves

Man, 1st grow you did well so far. Nice plant, beautiful colors. I just finished a fastbuds blackberry....very similar. Very VERY deep berry odor......you should be getting some odor at your stage.

Man, 1st grow you did well so far. Nice plant, beautiful colors. I just finished a fastbuds blackberry....very similar. Very VERY deep berry odor......you should be getting some odor at your stage.

Thanks! Yes, I'm getting some nice aroma, nothing specific just "danky." The images I have seen of the FB Blackberry are stunning - a truly beautiful plant. Too tall for my grow space but I look forward to trying it some day.

I have learned a ton on my first grow. I had a couple of nutrient deficiencies early on I had to identify and address, some temperature management challenges, and I had to use some advanced training techniques like supercropping I was initially planning to avoid. It's been an adventure but also a great educational plant. Now I just have to keep her nice and steady until chop.

Last edited:
OK - so now I have purple/red trichomes. At first, I thought it was just diffraction of the underlying purple tissue, but now I don't think so.

Anyone ever seen this?

1591447334522.png

1591447357428.png

1591447375726.png

My fastbuds fastberry was similar. It was pretty cool pressing purple rosin. Good looking plant. Getting closer

Nice! My first purple plant confused me too when trics started going colors...after years of growing and harvesting, All I could do was harvest by average time of other similar green strains....
As I've grown more purples since then, it's still a judgement call...I have found most of my purples became night meds cause they apparently were just past my favored primo maturity but still ass kickin'.
Yours appears perhaps a couple of weeks away from being fire.

Nice! My first purple plant confused me too when trics started going colors...after years of growing and harvesting, All I could do was harvest by average time of other similar green strains....
As I've grown more purples since then, it's still a judgement call...I have found most of my purples became night meds cause they apparently were just past my favored primo maturity but still ass kickin'.
Yours appears perhaps a couple of weeks away from being fire.

Thanks! Based on what I'm seeing on other buds on this plant I think you are right. Maybe 7-10 days but we'll see. Pretty wild stuff.

Does anyone know what chemical or pigment is responsible for the purple color? I was initially surprised as I didn't think it would be produced in the trichome along with the expected canabinoids.

Thought I'd circle back around with a summary harvest & smoke report:

Ended up with 4.5 oz. dry. After 5 day dry and one week of cure I just vaped a sample. Will improve with more cure no doubt but it's delicious (berry, vanilla), very euphoric, and kick me in the ass potent. Fantastic, whatever strain it was. Thanks to everyone for their help. @420Forever @St. Tom

1593810724707.png

1593810742323.png

Germ - veg - flower - harvest - dry - cure - repeat

Thought I'd circle back around with a summary harvest & smoke report:

Ended up with 4.5 oz. dry. After 5 day dry and one week of cure I just vaped a sample. Will improve with more cure no doubt but it's delicious (berry, vanilla), very euphoric, and kick me in the ass potent. Fantastic, whatever strain it was. Thanks to everyone for their help. @420Forever @St. Tom

View attachment 1209333

View attachment 1209334

Germ - veg - flower - harvest - dry - cure - repeat

mucho gratz! :clapper: :headbang: ppp

Back