Indoor Fast Buds Pineapple Express Autoflower, first grow in coco

Day 63, 35 days in flower. Had to do a flush later last week to get my runoff back in check. Flushed with 400ppm nute mixture. Feeding FF week 9 Hydro nutes. 800ppm 6.1ph runoff 1050ppm. Buds are growing and frosting up nicely!!
20210720_032540.jpg
20210720_032559.jpg
20210720_032632.jpg
20210720_032639.jpg
20210720_033003.jpg
20210720_032616.jpg
20210720_032905.jpg
20210720_032914.jpg

That tip burn is a sign that your media was getting too hot mate. If I were I would probably drop the N down and bring the PK up but keep the ppm at no more than 700.

That tip burn is a sign that your media was getting too hot mate. If I were I would probably drop the N down and bring the PK up but keep the ppm at no more than 700.
Ok, I had tried to add Bembe thats when my runoff got above 1200 (800ppm in 500 scale) I assumed the bembe threw it out of whack. Thats when I gave it a flush with half strength nutes to get runoff where it is now. 800 in, 1050 out.

Ok, I had tried to add Bembe thats when my runoff got above 1200 (800ppm in 500 scale) I assumed the bembe threw it out of whack. Thats when I gave it a flush with half strength nutes to get runoff where it is now. 800 in, 1050 out.

Hi mate

Are you using soil or coco? If ure in soil, this will be a bitch. I've had my fair share of over feeding, especially in soil.

My current grow is in coco and i wouldn't go back to soil now. Mainly because when you grow in coco it is soo easy to fix over feeding and lockouts. With soil you have to wait until the soil dries out again and it takes longer for changes to appear on the plant in soil.

Anyway, if it's soil I'd just feed it phd water without nutrients for like 5 days and then feed to run off one day and check your ppms.

If you are in coco, then all you have to do is achieve more run off in your daily feeds. Either by feeding more often, or more water/feed.

With autos, ive found that once you start feeding around 700 ppms or more, thats when shit goes south with over fertilising. At least with advanced nutrients that i use. I'd stick with lower ppm feeds... especially if you have a lot of light. Because the more light you give, the faster the plant uptakes water which can lead to burnt leaves. Keep your ppms in 500 range with each feed and make sure you get 20% run off of what you put into it. Just feed more often

@Autofire the Grow Big Hydro is 3-2-6 and cha ching is 9-50-10. Last rez change (Sunday) I did only add cha ching at 3/4 strength. What would you recommend? Oh and tiger bloom which is 2-8-4

Hi mate

Are you using soil or coco? If ure in soil, this will be a bitch. I've had my fair share of over feeding, especially in soil.

My current grow is in coco and i wouldn't go back to soil now. Mainly because when you grow in coco it is soo easy to fix over feeding and lockouts. With soil you have to wait until the soil dries out again and it takes longer for changes to appear on the plant in soil.

Anyway, if it's soil I'd just feed it phd water without nutrients for like 5 days and then feed to run off one day and check your ppms.

If you are in coco, then all you have to do is achieve more run off in your daily feeds. Either by feeding more often, or more water/feed.

With autos, ive found that once you start feeding around 700 ppms or more, thats when shit goes south with over fertilising. At least with advanced nutrients that i use. I'd stick with lower ppm feeds... especially if you have a lot of light. Because the more light you give, the faster the plant uptakes water which can lead to burnt leaves. Keep your ppms in 500 range with each feed and make sure you get 20% run off of what you put into it. Just feed more often
Yea I'm in coco. I did increase my fertigation to 5x a day, was 4, when my runoff ppms got way high. After 3 days it didn't drop. That's when I flushed with half strength nutes. Runoff went from 1250, to 800ppm. I kept feeding the same at 800in and my runoff has been holding at 1050 since. I will lower my feeding. After looking at my pics from last 3 weeks I guess the tip burn has got a little worse over the past 3 weeks. The first pic here is July 6th, thats the week I tried to add Bembe and my runoff started to get high.
20210706_032849.jpg
20210713_031739.jpg
20210720_032559.jpg

• Love
Reactions: blue

blue

Happy Plants :D
Yea I'm in coco. I did increase my fertigation to 5x a day, was 4, when my runoff ppms got way high. After 3 days it didn't drop. That's when I flushed with half strength nutes. Runoff went from 1250, to 800ppm. I kept feeding the same at 800in and my runoff has been holding at 1050 since. I will lower my feeding. After looking at my pics from last 3 weeks I guess the tip burn has got a little worse over the past 3 weeks. The first pic here is July 6th, thats the week I tried to add Bembe and my runoff started to get high.View attachment 1345573View attachment 1345574View attachment 1345575
Its because your feed is too strong still. You need to drop your feed strength and you will be ok. Twice a day is sufficient enough. Just feed enough water to get run off at least once a day. You want at least 20% of what you feed to come out as run off. How much water/feed are you giving in total per day per plant?

Each plant is getting right at 1.5 gallons a day. Right around 1/2 gallon runoff total for the 2 plants

Yea I'm in coco. I did increase my fertigation to 5x a day, was 4, when my runoff ppms got way high. After 3 days it didn't drop. That's when I flushed with half strength nutes. Runoff went from 1250, to 800ppm. I kept feeding the same at 800in and my runoff has been holding at 1050 since. I will lower my feeding. After looking at my pics from last 3 weeks I guess the tip burn has got a little worse over the past 3 weeks. The first pic here is July 6th, thats the week I tried to add Bembe and my runoff started to get high.View attachment 1345573View attachment 1345574View attachment 1345575
1050 ppm run off still really hot. If we're you I would pump about 200 litres of plain water through them and then feed just base nutes at 500ppm for a week.

The biggest lesson I have learnt is throw the feed charts in the f**kin bin. You can grow a heavy quality harvest and not even feed over 700 ppm. If you are worried that flushing with plain water and feeding at 500 ppm is going to be bad for the plants don't be. You would be surprised how little they actually need. My first few grows ended up looking a lot like yours and they got worse at the end. Then I dropped my feeds down to 6-700 ppm for the whole grow and the plants look healthier than ever

I'm not familiar with those nutrient lines. But in my grows when I get into flower I just drop the base nutes and add some kind of PK boost for about the first 4-5 weeks. Then I like to up the K for the last 4 to 5 weeks get them to ripen.

1050 ppm run off still really hot. If we're you I would pump about 200 litres of plain water through them and then feed just base nutes at 500ppm for a week.

The biggest lesson I have learnt is throw the feed charts in the f**kin bin. You can grow a heavy quality harvest and not even feed over 700 ppm. If you are worried that flushing with plain water and feeding at 500 ppm is going to be bad for the plants don't be. You would be surprised how little they actually need. My first few grows ended up looking a lot like yours and they got worse at the end. Then I dropped my feeds down to 6-700 ppm for the whole grow and the plants look healthier than ever

I'm not familiar with those nutrient lines. But in my grows when I get into flower I just drop the base nutes and add some kind of PK boost for about the first 4-5 weeks. Then I like to up the K for the last 4 to 5 weeks get them to ripen.
Helpftto the new girl - me! Still trying to get my head round the kind of soil to use and what the hell the language of nutrients is! It’s intimidating really … what soil, what to feed them, how often, and what to do to save them from my novice hands!
I want to start planting this weekend, but am holding fire til I get more clued up on the things mentioned

Back