Exhaust fan outside grow tent

Reaction score
Hey again ya'll and thanks for answering my previous post!

I was about to start my first time tent grow but before I started I wanted to test my carbon filter.
To my surprise the filter was fucked because you can smell anything that I put inside the tent.
So I got a new filter from the store and they gave me a better filter it's a brand named Carbo Air (got a cheap china filter first).
The only downside is that it's to big to mount the fan and the filter together as I did before, since I only have a 60cm x 140cm tent.

So I was thinking about hooking it up this way ---- Filter--- Ducting--cooltube--- Ducting---exhaust fan, so I'll have the exhaust outside on the top of my tent sucking air through my tent and blowing it out. I want the filter inside my tent and not outside because I want to scrub my tent before the air leaves the tent, since I can't have any smell at all.

Another way I was thinking about was to hang the filter inside where the tent door is, duct it to the other side of the tent and have my fan there and connect it to the cooltube and then ducting it out. But I'm concerned that it will be too much ducting.

What are your suggestions?

Stay safe.

When ceiling space is lacking, an exhaust filter can be put on the floor of the tent.
Then connect ducting to the filter, and have that ducting go out thru a bottom tent port hole, then connect duct to the fan's input, and finally more ducting to the fan's exhaust to get it out of a window.

When ceiling space is lacking, an exhaust filter can be put on the floor of the tent.
Then connect ducting to the filter, and have that ducting go out thru a bottom tent port hole, then connect duct to the fan's input, and finally more ducting to the fan's exhaust to get it out of a window.

Thanks for your answer. I don't think I'll have enough room to put it on the floor, it's pretty tight with my 2 3gal pots already.

Back