Efficiency auto cobs

Thanks man. Feeling much better weekly it. I just grabbed a second sp3000 for only $290. Crushing.
In my humble, any 250 watts of up to date leds is pretty much the same as any other 250 watts of them. Not exactly, but the differences are not large, and are more than likely overshadowed by other influences in a grow. Other than going for a manufacturer with a good rep for reliability and support, I would go for the most economical cost per watt. Personally, I prefer the light distribution of a QB layout, but in experienced hands all layouts work.

Don't get carried away with efficiency comparisons, do your arithmetic before assuming that they mean much for you in particular. For example, I need to heat my growdrobe when I grow, so efficiency comparisons for me are damn near irrelevant, the heat from the lights is used to keep the drobe warm anyway. If they produced less, my heater would just have to work harder. Spectrum is another matter, but again, likely not a big deal if you are comparing up to date white led designs. Even my dark age screw ins produce more high quality weed than I can use.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

I've run 2 or 3 cobs for a few years alongside several qb lights but quite honestly can say I never finished any plants full term under just the cobs.
As a perpetual grower, I'm constantly rotating plants from one area to another in hopes of making use of the max 'whatever' I can get for every plant. Not scientific, but if one watching this for years, ya gotta notice what does which at what time the best...IMHO....
At three weeks, every plant goes from a 24/0 T5 to the '2 cob' area( 1-75w & 1-55w) in the grow room but alongside 2 QB's totaling approx 370w...
As they mature and throw bud sites, at some point they're rotated over to the 'finish' side of qb's....of course to make room for the next....seems to work for me...

I understand autocob are very efficient. I'm adding a 36x20x63 space. I was just going to get a 2qb 288 lm301h cree red uv and ir 275 watt light. But I've been wanting some cobs but never pulled the trigger on my larger space. Autocobs are I guess 60 watts? My question is how can 2 cobs at 60 be better than a 2 QB 275w light consisting of the most efficient diodes on the market? Especially when I can get the QB slightly cheaper, $20-$30

Back