Grow Mediums EC ppm CF TDS conversion chart

Thanks guys . Ya i bought the solution , 7.0 and 4.0 GH calibration solution and calibrate every week .

Hey Folks,
the chart below will help you and others "speak the same language" when diagnosing solution issues.

EC, ppm, CF are all methods of determining your "Total Dissolved Solids"

EC is a universal standard and I prefer it, as it is the same regardless of country.

ppm has three different conversion standards

USA 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 500 ppm
European 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 640 ppm
Australian 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 700 ppm

For example,
Hanna, Milwaukee 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 500 ppm
Eutech 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 640 ppm
Truncheon 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 700 ppm

PPM – Parts Per Million. For every million parts water, the PPM tells you how many parts of non-water impurities are in the water. By impurity, I am referring to anything that isn’t pure water. Pure water does not conduct electricity. It’s the dissolved salts in the water that conduct electricity.
TDS – Total Dissolved Solids. This refers to the impurities in the water. Whatever is dissolved in the water is a dissolved solid. That impurity could be anything from Chlorine to the nutrients you are adding, to anything else the water has absorbed and carried into your reservoir.
EC – Electrical Conductivity. All nutrient ions in the water carry an electrical charge. This is how nutrient meters measure and estimate the PPM. EC is charted with a decimal point. Most EC meters will measure between 0.2 and 3.6 EC.
CF – Conductivity Factor. CF is the same as EC but without the decimal.

attachment.php

Thanks a lot Grey Bear I was just trying to find out what are EC and ppm. :vibe::vibe::vibe:

I have a newbie question for yall. Im using foxfarm nutes and the schedule has PPM. Now do I test the water before I add the nutes and add that number to the PPM foxfarm gives me or do I just bring the TDS up to foxfarm numbers?

I have a newbie question for yall. Im using foxfarm nutes and the schedule has PPM. Now do I test the water before I add the nutes and add that number to the PPM foxfarm gives me or do I just bring the TDS up to foxfarm numbers?
@mrmojo420
I am really sorry I missed this post. hopefully you had your answer by now.

But just in case, in answer to the question, you want to take a reading of your water before you add nutes to help you begin to understand your water quality (it often changes from season to season)
Then add the nutes to the water at recommended dosages, then test again.
If the readings are too high, add water slowly to bring it to your target PPM,
if the readings are too low, very slowly add nutes to bring it up to your target.

After the solution has reached your target amount of feed, you will need to test the ph, it will most likely need adjusting.
While you are learning, just aim for keeping it in the 5.5 - 6.8 range , as you get things dialed in you can be a little more deliberate with it.

thanks grey bear. my water is around 250 ppm to start. I have just been following the nute schedule 1/2 strength its been ok but have experience nute burn on some plants. thanks again for the info

Back