Outdoor Dust-like dots on early leaves, mildew?

Reaction score
Hello dear growers, I just checked on my three balcony plants and all of them had some pollen-looking dots over them. They are outside all day & night.
It is not that easy to spot but if you look closely, you notice them on the leaves.
I leave one picture of each plant down below.
Thanks in advance.

PS: If the pictures are too bad I can get some with a real camera.

Attachments

• 20220505_171640.jpg
    20220505_171640.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 20220505_171628.jpg
    20220505_171628.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • 20220505_171610.jpg
    20220505_171610.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
Yeah that's probably dust or some other fine particles. On the last picture I can even see a hair or a piece of fibre.

Yeah that's probably dust or some other fine particles. On the last picture I can even see a hair or a piece of fibre.
Alright I figured out what it is. It's canola pollen, we have some fields around. Do you have experience with outdoor grows? Since the trichomes are present to catch cannabis pollen other foreign pollen might attach to it aswell no? Could this impact their quality?

Alright I figured out what it is. It's canola pollen, we have some fields around. Do you have experience with outdoor grows? Since the trichomes are present to catch cannabis pollen other foreign pollen might attach to it as well no? Could this impact their quality?
If it's going to be grown outdoors you could always wash after the first wet trim. This will remove all debris, bugs and such...

Alright I figured out what it is. It's canola pollen, we have some fields around. Do you have experience with outdoor grows? Since the trichomes are present to catch cannabis pollen other foreign pollen might attach to it aswell no? Could this impact their quality?
Don't think trichomes have anything to do with pollen catching other than being sticky, that would the pistils/hairs that form during flowering....trichomes are more for protection.

Don't think trichomes have anything to do with pollen catching other than being sticky, that would the pistils/hairs that form during flowering....trichomes are more for protection.
You are absolutely correct, my bad :doh:.
Anyhow I still think a quick bath after being exposed to this many foreign pollen is pretty necessary. Luckily we do not have any male cannabis plants or hemp around so I do not need to fear them being pollinated.
I really need to get myself into the art of pruning though cause the 36 day old auto-lady is turning into quite the jungle. Grew bushier than I expected her to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220508-001351_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220508-001351_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Back