PapaEmeritus

Faded.
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Face Off OG & Durban Poison
SeedBank : Mephisto

Strain: Double Grape

Did it autoflower?: You betcha.

Soil/hydro: Hempy Buckets (100% Growstone)

Nutes:
Maxibloom-based Lucas Formula + Koolbloom dry + Mammoth P

Light (kind and schedule): Big Sm0's Autocobs (x2) 24/0

From seed to harvest date: 65 & 70 days

Dry Yield: 17g (indica pheno) 16g (sativa pheno) (low yield was almost certainly due to grower error)

High/Effect Duration:

Sativa pheno - Harvest @ 70 days. Cured since 11/5. This bud is really, really nice. This plant showed very clear sativa dominance and the high matches. Super energetic, very bouncy mood-wise with that wavy, spatially-altered kinda wavy feeling that is one of my favorite effects when enjoying good bud. A little giggly, some time dilations. High is solid for a good hour at least, slowly diminishing as time goes on. Surprisingly good pain med - has both an analgesic effect but also the energetic mood it puts you in you just kinda forget that you're hurting. Will definitely give ya the cottonmouth, but no real munchies to speak of.

Indica pheno: Harvest @ 65 days. Cured since 10/19. Definite indica dominance. Smoke is smoother than the sativa plant, and pretty typical indica in effect. Droopy eyes, slow, couch-locky. Same cottonmouth as the sativa, but not as bad. Crazy munchies though, my god. I didn't get a whole lot of analgesia with this plant (I have back injuries and fibro-like symptoms) but I did chop it right at 65 days, so it's likely only a matter of letting the trichs develop a little longer.

RATE SCALE: (*) = bad, to (*****) = great

BAG APPEAL: *****
Hella bag appeal. Mid-green in color, frosty as fuck, lots of nice little orange pistils.

THE GROWTH: ***
I had some pretty gnarly issues with what looked to be a P deficiency on this grow, but I'm probably more to blame than the plants....Otherwise, general advice would be to make sure to LST, especially the indica leaning ones, and keep up with some light-medium defoliation on the bottom 1/3. Mine got pretty bushy. The sativa took a slight defoliation and regular leaf tucking.

THE SMELL: ****
Coffee/Fruity/Gassy/Grape Candy

THE SMOKE: ****
Smooth for the indica, still a bit harsh for the sativa, but that could be due to the shorter cure on the sativa. I'm terrible with flavors once it's smoked, so...tastes like weed smoke. :smoking:

THE HIGH: Fucking superb. With another week on the indica, it would have been fantastic but the sativa is 100% fire right at 70 days.

Great report! The sativa leaning pheno sounds very interesting to me. Thank you for sharing your experience. :toke:

Great report! The sativa leaning pheno sounds very interesting to me. Thank you for sharing your experience. :toke:

Thanks! And yeah, if I could choose between the two I'd definitely go with the sativa pheno but that's not to say the indica was bad. With a little more grow time I think it'd be even better.

Awesome report!...I just soaked a DG bean this morning...STOKED!

Nice! You won't be disappointed, I promise you. This was my first Mephisto grow and I'm loving the potency. I've got three Sour Crinkle seedlings going into coco in a day or two, and I can't wait to see how they compare to the Double Grape. :biggrin:

I have two Double Grapes, myself 5 days old.
bab588e2e06b928997eb227a34766159.jpg
5a24d4e95f28b8e9691363132d48e043.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Back