Do you see anything wrong here ?

Reaction score
Hello guys
biobizz soil ( light& mix )
spiderfarmer sf1000 100%(100 watt)
temp 22-24 (lights on )
hum 55-70 %
All autoflowers
waterings with bottled mineral water with lemon juice and i measure with ph strips ( i know i need some tools )
i have an intake fan 185m^3
No nuts yet (when should i start ? )

the two bigger ones are gorilla zkittlez 25 days (8L pots )
the other two strawberry cheesecake 19 days (11L and the small is 0.5L for fun )
and the smallest gelato glue 9 days (around 15 L )

by the way the two gorillas are completely different the one has 5 leaf and is short the other has 7 leaf and its tall, what does that mean ?
thanks in advance
@Mañ'O'Green
@DCLXVI

Attachments

• IMG_5936.JPG
    IMG_5936.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5937.JPG
    IMG_5937.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5938.JPG
    IMG_5938.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5939.JPG
    IMG_5939.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5940.JPG
    IMG_5940.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 57
I've wondered about this myself in the past and I came to the conclusion that those lighter green blotches you may be referring to are simply new growth within the leaves.. Most of the time anyway

Hello guys
biobizz soil ( light& mix )
spiderfarmer sf1000 100%(100 watt)
temp 22-24 (lights on )
hum 55-70 %
All autoflowers
waterings with bottled mineral water with lemon juice and i measure with ph strips ( i know i need some tools )
i have an intake fan 185m^3
No nuts yet (when should i start ? )

the two bigger ones are gorilla zkittlez 25 days (8L pots )
the other two strawberry cheesecake 19 days (11L and the small is 0.5L for fun )
and the smallest gelato glue 9 days (around 15 L )

by the way the two gorillas are completely different the one has 5 leaf and is short the other has 7 leaf and its tall, what does that mean ?
thanks in advance
@Mañ'O'Green
@DCLXVI
First off... :welcome: to AFN brother!! :cheers:
Loads of nice people here and lot's of information to be found :thumbsup:

I would suggest ditching the lemon juice and go get yourself a bottle of pH down, either at a local grow shop or if you're in a country without one, go to a local swimming pool shop and buy yourself a bottle pH-o-mini or any other pH down liquid which is marked with sulfuric acid. Don't get the nitric acid as this is bad for you plants!! A 1L bottle of sulfuric acid will set you up for several grows and cost you about 7-8$/€.
Next, you will need two other tools, which if you're going to be growing with nutes are mandatory or you will get the results you are starting to get, and these are... A pH and EC pen. There are several brands which are very popular on this forum, but these are on the high price side. Depending on your budget there are still several good choices. Just don't go for a 10$ pH pen and expect it to last long. A EC pen doesn't have to be expensive as it's nothing more then two metal rods measuring resistance.

So, growing in soil, your pH should be 6.5 and that's what the nutrients/water should be. I don't know the brand you are using, but the "Light" usually means its for young seedlings and that it has little to no nutrients mixed into it. So at 25 days I would start fertigating once every two normal waterings. Start at 1/4th the suggested amount of nutrients as Auto's don't like to much feed and build it up during veg to 50-60% max. Don't overdo the nutrients as to much is hard to get rid off.
When mixing the nutrients start with the sulphuric acid first and make sure your water is at the right pH. Also make note of the EC value of your water. Let's say it's 220µS/cm without the acid and 370µS with the acid added to that. That 370µS is important to know that you can subtract this from the total EC.
Then add your nutrients while stirring continuously by hand or mixing pump. Add a airpump to the mixing vessel and let it aerate for 24 hours. The next day measure the EC first. Young plants respond well to an EC of 300-500µS/cm, so your solution should measure 300-500µS for the nutrients + the 370µS it already was before adding the nutrients = 670-870µS/cm. If your solution has an EC which is to high, just add water and mix the solution well before measuring again...If it's to low, just go with it for now and make a note that you need to add x% extra the next time ;)
Finally measure the pH and you'll notice that it has risen again, this could be because you just added fresh water to lower the EC, but this also happens because of several chemical reactions happening inside the liquid. Just add some new acid until the nutrient solution is back at 6.5 and it will remain stable from now on. You'll notice that the second time adding the acid, the tiniest amount will adjust the pH faster and further down the scale, this has todo with the buffer that's gone. Just remember from this...you can add more, removing it from of the water is moot.

Question, Why use bottled water? Is there something wrong with your tapwater? Do you drink it yourselves? If so, it's also good enough for your plants. Remember, they are just weeds :d5:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Hello and thank you for your time ! Deeply appreciated especially the explanation with the tools.
I would suggest ditching the lemon juice and go get yourself a bottle of pH down
I am going to get a ph down as soon as possible for this grow.
Next, you will need two other tools, which if you're going to be growing with nutes are mandatory or you will get the results you are starting to get, and these are... A pH and EC pen.
As i said i know i need some tools but at the moment budget is too low and my plan was to finish this grow without tools and minimum amounts of nutrition because on my 1st grow i was so excited i was feeding them almost every watering without any tools, only ph strips and the damn lemon juice and vinegar :D
This time only lemon juice i check the ph strip if its around 6-7 i water them and i was thinking to give them like 0.1-0.3 ml nuts per Litre once every week ? what do you think? ( i only have biobizz grow/top max/ bloom )
I don't know the brand you are using, but the "Light" usually means its for young seedlings and that it has little to no nutrients mixed into it.
Yeap light says seedlings and small plants but i made the pot with 50% all mix ( for big plants) at the bottom and 50% light mix at top.
Question, Why use bottled water? Is there something wrong with your tapwater? Do you drink it yourselves? If so, it's also good enough for your plants. Remember, they are just weeds
Well here in Greece tap water usually has chlorio/chlorine i dont know how to call it and who knows what else they put :D so i was thinking that nature doesnt rain chlorine water and a mineral bottled water is more safe ? at least i can read whats inside ?

So what would you do if you couldnt afford the tools for this grow, i dont want to buy a cheap tool as you said. that would help me a lot.
Should i stop adding lemon juice until i get the ph down ?
Should i stick to my plan and feed them minimum amounts of nuts as i mentioned all the way to harvest or i can add some more later ?

Btw the bottled water says:
ph =8,
conductivity 225μS/cm ,

I'm a bit late to the tag but looks like you've got some solid advice already. The BioBizz LightMix usually can get you through the first 3-4 weeks on water only. Since you are starting to hit the mid 20 day mark for a couple of them I would start gently adding a little nutrient feed.

Typically 1-2ml/litre should be enough. Add more when flowering starts. You can feed every third watering or so. Feed, plain water, plain water, feed, plain water, plain water.... The amount you need to water will come with practice. Stick a finger in and see when the top is dry about 4-5cm down. Or you can lift your pot. If you fully saturate the pot that is the heaviest it can be. Once it's lost half the weight, you can feel the lightness, water again.

Hope that helps a bit.

The gorilla zkittlez - You can probably start adding a little feed at this point.

The rest I would wait a few more days.

As far as the tall v. short and 5 v. 7 leaf variations, thats just different phenotypes within the genetics. I would not worry about it. You may just have 2 slightly different looking plants. Kind of the fun with autos from seed.

Good luck on your grow. Don't worry too much as you will learn a lot by doing. Mistakes are ok, just improve every time.

Greece, eh? Meraki!

Hello and thank you for your time ! Deeply appreciated especially the explanation with the tools.

I am going to get a ph down as soon as possible for this grow.

As i said i know i need some tools but at the moment budget is too low and my plan was to finish this grow without tools and minimum amounts of nutrition because on my 1st grow i was so excited i was feeding them almost every watering without any tools, only ph strips and the damn lemon juice and vinegar :D
This time only lemon juice i check the ph strip if its around 6-7 i water them and i was thinking to give them like 0.1-0.3 ml nuts per Litre once every week ? what do you think? ( i only have biobizz grow/top max/ bloom )

Yeap light says seedlings and small plants but i made the pot with 50% all mix ( for big plants) at the bottom and 50% light mix at top.

Well here in Greece tap water usually has chlorio/chlorine i dont know how to call it and who knows what else they put :D so i was thinking that nature doesnt rain chlorine water and a mineral bottled water is more safe ? at least i can read whats inside ?

So what would you do if you couldnt afford the tools for this grow, i dont want to buy a cheap tool as you said. that would help me a lot.
Should i stop adding lemon juice until i get the ph down ?
Should i stick to my plan and feed them minimum amounts of nuts as i mentioned all the way to harvest or i can add some more later ?

Btw the bottled water says:
ph =8,
conductivity 225μS/cm ,
Can you get distilled or RO water? If yes, mix your tap with the distilled/RO to get an acceptable PH. You can also PH up/down further if required. Right now, you’re buying water that’s very alkaline.

If it's just Chlorine that's in the water you can fill a bucket and let it sit for 24hours, preferably with an air pump. But as you're on a low budget, just letting the water sit will remove most of the chlorine in 24 hours. Most water municipals have a chart with the average values of their tapwater on their website. That's also handy to have...
Like @MotaZona said, there's usually lot's of minerals in mineral water, so maybe tapwater that's aired is better then the bottled water...who knows? :shrug:

I'm a bit late to the tag but looks like you've got some solid advice already. The BioBizz LightMix usually can get you through the first 3-4 weeks on water only. Since you are starting to hit the mid 20 day mark for a couple of them I would start gently adding a little nutrient feed.

Typically 1-2ml/litre should be enough. Add more when flowering starts. You can feed every third watering or so. Feed, plain water, plain water, feed, plain water, plain water.... The amount you need to water will come with practice. Stick a finger in and see when the top is dry about 4-5cm down. Or you can lift your pot. If you fully saturate the pot that is the heaviest it can be. Once it's lost half the weight, you can feel the lightness, water again.

Hope that helps a bit.

The gorilla zkittlez - You can probably start adding a little feed at this point.

The rest I would wait a few more days.

As far as the tall v. short and 5 v. 7 leaf variations, thats just different phenotypes within the genetics. I would not worry about it. You may just have 2 slightly different looking plants. Kind of the fun with autos from seed.

Good luck on your grow. Don't worry too much as you will learn a lot by doing. Mistakes are ok, just improve every time.

Greece, eh? Meraki!
thanks man, meraki haha how do u know that word

Back