Lighting diy cree 3590 + uvb bar

Reaction score
hi guys... I wanted to thank the community, and quickly share my first from scratch build, done with much inspiration and information from this community. I was considering an amare 450 uvb, but since they were back ordered i built my own uvb bar lamp that I will pair with a sp300 to get a similar effect hopefully.

parts:
3x 36v cree 3590 3500k
3x everbrite? aluminum angles from home depot
NL133 passive heatsinks from northern grow lights
potentiometer, holders, adapters, and ledil reflectors from rapidled
meanwell 240-1750B driver 1.75 amps
T8 reptisun fluorescent bulb 18 inches uvb (bought 5.0 hastily, ordered a 10.0)
fluorescent strip light fixture from amazon
male inlet power socket with fuse switch from amazon

build was straightforward.. drilled the heat sink holes, screwed them in... drilled the frame holes on the corners then riveted them in... mounted the driver to one side... riveted a piece of aluminum to the other side.. drilled holes in that aluminum and then screwed the fluorescent light fixture into it.. the fixture seems to mostly balance out the weight of the driver.

wiring was straightforward.. wired both the meanwell driver and the ballast inside the fluorescent light fixture to the inlet power socket. the DC side with the meanwell and potentiometer was standard as is well documented on the internet. thanks everybody

20170313_153549.jpg
20170313_153554.jpg
20170313_204436.jpg
20170315_184731.jpg

Last edited:
That is F'ing SWEET.:drool: Won't be long you will be building something even more of a monster. It gets in your blood.

Are those aluminum or other metal reflectors, or the usual Ledil plastic ones? If metal, do you think they are better than plastic?

Are those aluminum or other metal reflectors, or the usual Ledil plastic ones? If metal, do you think they are better than plastic?
@pop22 saw a guy who tested his plastic ones with a few coats of paint. I can't quote the numbers but the little work seems worth while. The metal ones eliminate need to make them less transparent.

All of it is like counting pennies though. Cobs are doing a damn good job with or without the help.

thanks everyone for the feedback! fyi it pulls ~225 watts from the wall with the cobs all the way up and the uvb on.. cant wait to pair this with the amare sp300 in my flower tent when it gets here

Very nice build!

:slap:

hi guys... I wanted to thank the community, and quickly share my first from scratch build, done with much inspiration and information from this community. I was considering an amare 450 uvb, but since they were back ordered i built my own uvb bar lamp that I will pair with a sp300 to get a similar effect hopefully.

parts:
3x 36v cree 3590 3500k
3x everbrite? aluminum angles from home depot
NL133 passive heatsinks from northern grow lights
potentiometer, holders, adapters, and ledil reflectors from rapidled
meanwell 240-1750B driver 1.75 amps
T8 reptisun fluorescent bulb 18 inches uvb (bought 5.0 hastily, ordered a 10.0)
fluorescent strip light fixture from amazon (Amazon product)
male inlet power socket with fuse switch from amazon

build was straightforward.. drilled the heat sink holes, screwed them in... drilled the frame holes on the corners then riveted them in... mounted the driver to one side... riveted a piece of aluminum to the other side.. drilled holes in that aluminum and then screwed the fluorescent light fixture into it.. the fixture seems to mostly balance out the weight of the driver.

wiring was straightforward.. wired both the meanwell driver and the ballast inside the fluorescent light fixture to the inlet power socket. the DC side with the meanwell and potentiometer was standard as is well documented on the internet. thanks everybody

View attachment 716805 View attachment 716806 View attachment 716807 View attachment 716808

Back