DIY DIY carbon filter

Tyler_Durden88

It's all about the Trichomes
Reaction score
Im building a carbon filter with what i have laying around thankfully im quite handy and have alot to choose from im going with PVC 10" and then 6" inside of it. If anybody has any tips id like to hear them. I will post finished result and some pics of how im making it.

i used 2 different size plastic paint pots, cookerhood mat stuff and deaactivated carbon. I sandwiched the carbon pellets between layers of the matting then wrapped it around. I took a broken fan heater, removed the element and attached that. It is a great fan and my house doesnt smell at all.

It cost me about 17 quid.and i have enough matting to do it twice more.

Correction

my house does smell but not of weed......it smells of me, apparently.

Cool i like your style (Built not Bought) i have my old bathroom exhaust fan rigged up to vent outside but my neibors about 50 yards away and if the wind blows the wrong way it will be a problem. i live in a small town and getting activated carbon might be a problem. if i cant get it i read that you can use crushed Charcoal briquettes in a pinch. How long does your filter last and how many plants does it work for? Im growing Gorilla glue and the Plant reeks at 3 weeks old.

Last edited:
Cool i like your style (Built not Bought) i have my old bathroom exhaust fan rigged up to vent outside but my neibors about 50 yards away and if the wind blows the wrong way it will be a problem. i live in a small town and getting activated carbon might be a problem. if i cant get it i read that you can use crushed Charcoal briquettes in a pinch. How long does your filter last and how many plants does it work for? Im growing Gorilla glue and the Plant reeks at 3 weeks old.
Carbon can be found in about any diy outdoor pond section at the store really cheap for a big bag also in the fish aquarium section. All really cheap combo a stainless carbon filter.

Small town dollar stores my only real selection gotta drive a hour to a walmart or lowes. The carbon i will be buying when i get a chance but my filter will work just as good as a bought one and it didnt cost me anything but time and patience and it will be refillable. Ill use charcoal for now because i have some laying around. Ill take pics tom of the filter. Wish i still had my amazon prime free trail lol.

Small town dollar stores my only real selection gotta drive a hour to a walmart or lowes. The carbon i will be buying when i get a chance but my filter will work just as good as a bought one and it didnt cost me anything but time and patience and it will be refillable. Ill use charcoal for now because i have some laying around. Ill take pics tom of the filter. Wish i still had my amazon prime free trail lol.
I get several types of filters from work that are perfect for any design of diy filter I can dream up, so been following these filter diy's trying to conjure up ideas how I want to make One, trying to make a smaller one for inside of my tent since my main one is to big and I run it on the outside but really want one inside. I've been curious about grilling charcoal as a simple one since I will be changing the filter weekly I could simply change charcoal at same time or add a little each time.

I get several types of filters from work that are perfect for any design of diy filter I can dream up, so been following these filter diy's trying to conjure up ideas how I want to make One, trying to make a smaller one for inside of my tent since my main one is to big and I run it on the outside but really want one inside. I've been curious about grilling charcoal as a simple one since I will be changing the filter weekly I could simply change charcoal at same time or add a little each time.
Yep just crush the charcoal the finer the better.

Photo on 2018-04-26 at 22.10.jpg Photo on 2018-04-26 at 22.11.jpg Photo on 2018-04-26 at 22.13.jpg Photo on 2018-04-26 at 22.10 #2.jpg
Just a few pics of the carbon filter. came out pretty good. If any wants directions just lmk.

Back