DIY DIY 60w LED veg light 5400 lumen

Put some alum plates like on a old cpu like bars in the midle close to another and a cpu fan fixed on the side. Should be enuf if the same kinda setup on a old cpu colled 110c down to 70c if u had old pentium 3 clockad a bit lol

wer did u order the 10w leds?

Put some alum plates like on a old cpu like bars in the midle close to another and a cpu fan fixed on the side. Should be enuf if the same kinda setup on a old cpu colled 110c down to 70c if u had old pentium 3 clockad a bit lol

wer did u order the 10w leds?

HI
I looked at some cpu cooles but i need 2. and the mounting is to difficult.
I bought the leds on aliexpres.com
Peace

Last edited:
Ower killing is awsum!!!! xD
Gl man!

Yes and fun to.:D
Well i tried to get a reading of the led temp. with a ir thermometer, that did not work werry well 27c lol.
So tryed out my hps ballast and it was about 57c. And my ballast is about as hot as the led give or take. So i think the 2 small heat sink will work okay.
Peace

Last edited:
remember: bigger is always better :cough:

Yep but alot more money also.
These cost 3.8 €
i have looked at 523 different heatsink. but only from fisher elektronik and austerlitcz elec.. germany. And holy f...ck aluminium is expensive.
And this should be a budget led not a expensive one :D
But i found out that these epistar led will operate up to 80c so the temp now its not a problem.
But lower is ofcourse better
Peace

thermoelectic cooler sounds awesome.. bout the temps though i hear even lower than boiling temps can kill the life span what do the philips you're using have that can protect em like that from 160c ?!
http://www.led-professional.com/tec...ement/led-2013-cooling-and-thermal-management

160c Where did that number come from ??
its more like 100c to 110c the hot side and 40c on the cold side of the peltier if i would run the led on 40c temp
A pc cooler/fan/heatsink would take care of that. But its overkill to use a peltier if im not going to use it for lower temps that the room temp is.
14v 4a thats about. using 56+ watts to remove 60w.
But it would be a lot of fun to just try it out.
I will be happy if i can run the led on about 40c maybe less
Peace

Back