Decarbing Rosin and Consuming

Mozzy

kinda the dream
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
IMG_20240720_201253800_HDR.jpg

In trying to deal with pain/tolerance issues, I’ve tried eating some more stuff recently with minimal results; including ABV butter/coconut oil in varying ways and recipes (like fudge), as well as straight decarbed fresh flower. The tolerance is an issue because more than a tablespoon of butter/oil, or a half gram+ of straight decarbed flower is not a feasible dosing strategy when those amounts don’t have much of an effect anyways.

I found @Mañ'O'Green 's chocolate recipe in the archives, which is great: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-qwet-etc.66740/post-2165100?cultivator=72620

…can I also just take a hunk of dark chocolate and throw that in a glass cup in the oven with like ~0.25 gram of rosin @~250 for ~30m and stir/eat that when it cools? Any other thoughts or suggestions for easy/simple dosing? :smokeout:

Yes, simply mixing cannabis and chocolate and doing a standard decarb works.

Several times I've used purchased concentrates (shatter, butter/badder, etc.) to make mint flavored chocolates, with full success. I mixed 1 gram concentrate in about 4 oz. (≥100 g) of a mix of dark chocolate and Andes Candies (mint flavored cholocate), heated it to lower 200s˚F for about 45 minutes, making sure it was well mixed, and poured the melted cholocate into a small cube silicone mold/tray (making near 100 small cubes each with presumably about 7 mg THC). The cubes, their dosage, worked fully as expected.

In estimating potency and dosage, I presume ≤15% loss from decarb. For ex. if have 1 gram of a 80% concentrate (800 mg THC), after processing likely have in ≤700 mg range. [But I have no real confirmation of this percentage].

Chocolate, with high fat, also seems to protect THC from O2/air rather well and locks in all the other terpenes. Cubes I've made last well over a year when stored frozen.

Last edited:
Yes, simply mixing cannabis and chocolate and doing a standard decarb works.

Several times I've used purchased concentrates (shatter, butter/badder, etc.) to make mint flavored chocolates, with full success. I mixed 1 gram concentrate in about 4 oz. (≥100 g) of a mix of dark chocolate and Andes Candies (mint flavored cholocate), heated it to lower 200s˚F for about 45 minutes, making sure it was well mixed, and poured the melted cholocate into a small cube silicone mold/tray (making near 100 small cubes each with presumably about 7 mg THC). The cubes, their dosage, worked fully as expected.

In estimating potency and dosage, I presume ≤15% loss from decarb. For ex. if have 1 gram of a 80% concentrate (800 mg THC), after processing likely have in ≤700 mg range. [But I have no real confirmation of this percentage].

Chocolate, with high fat, also seems to protect THC from O2/air rather well and locks in all the other terpenes. Cubes I've made last well over a year when stored frozen.

Very cool, thanks Bll! Appreciate the details from experience too :toke:

View attachment 1695782

In trying to deal with pain/tolerance issues, I’ve tried eating some more stuff recently with minimal results; including ABV butter/coconut oil in varying ways and recipes (like fudge), as well as straight decarbed fresh flower. The tolerance is an issue because more than a tablespoon of butter/oil, or a half gram+ of straight decarbed flower is not a feasible dosing strategy when those amounts don’t have much of an effect anyways.

I found @Mañ'O'Green 's chocolate recipe in the archives, which is great: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-qwet-etc.66740/post-2165100?cultivator=72620

…can I also just take a hunk of dark chocolate and throw that in a glass cup in the oven with like ~0.25 gram of rosin @~250 for ~30m and stir/eat that when it cools? Any other thoughts or suggestions for easy/simple dosing? :smokeout:
I think it may/should work. Im sure if you just did the rosin, and added the chocolate later it would work. I would recommend the lift if your making edibles. I decarb my rosin (2g's) and just add it to my gummy recipe. It works amazingly in about 2hrs your rosin is ready to go. All you do is put rosin in put lid on hit button. Just get your dosage amount figured out. 2g's of rosin I got 38 gummies last time. I take 3 gummies that breaks out to roughly .157g's of rosin per serving. Also don't forget the lecithin for maximum absorption.
:pass:

I would recommend the lift
That's the lift?

2g's of rosin I got 38 gummies last time. I take 3 gummies that breaks out to roughly .157g's of rosin per serving. Also don't forget the lecithin for maximum absorption.
Was it a huge difference the last time you made them without lecithin? Also, please share your gummy recipe 🧑‍🍳 , if you don't mind :vibe:

You want to decarb your rosin separately from your chocolate and then mix it with the melted chocolate. The time and temp needed to decarb will mess up and separate your chocolate if you do it in 1 step. Also lecithin will keep the chocolate "gummy"

You want to decarb your rosin separately from your chocolate and then mix it with the melted chocolate. The time and temp needed to decarb will mess up and separate your chocolate if you do it in 1 step. Also lecithin will keep the chocolate "gummy"
Chemically, there is no reason for THCa to decarb more or less depending on what it is mixed with or not (presuming the same temperature and exposure profile).

I left it out that I pre-melted and mixed the chocolate, then added the concentrate. I also quick-cooled the molds by putting them (made of silicone) in the freezer. Both actions minimize temp./time variations, uncertainties, due to heating up and cooling down.

Last edited:
Chemically, there is no reason for THCa to decarb more or less depending on what it is mixed with or not
True. My comment was meant more about separating the fats from the chocolate over that time and temp. Generally don't want that kind heat on chocolate. The infusion will be fine

True. My comment was meant more about separating the fats from the chocolate over that time and temp. Generally don't want that kind heat on chocolate. The infusion will be fine
I found high purity chocolate (>73% cocao) base with about 1/3 Andes Candies added came through heating and cooling without any problems at all, nothing separated. Chocolate, even chunks and lower grades, is used in baking at much higher temps. without "separating the fats." And otherwise you're going to be stirring occasionally while in the oven.

Reactions: Mozzy

Mozzy

Chocolate
You can do it in the chocolate, but I agree it's best to do it separately. I don't make chocolate because a lot of the time I take them with me and melting could be an issue lol.

Last edited:
Back