Photoperiod db003 lives! photo grow 7/6/24 Nimbus Snacks and Cromagnon Man

db003

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
hello everyone My name is Daniel, but my internet handle is db003. I have been growing off and on for just about ten years now and have had a lot of ups and downs. I have taken a break from growing anything for the past few months. I had a bad problem with white powdery mildew with my last grow, and before that, my other grow had problems too not wpm that time I had bugs, so I wanted to take a breather and clean out my grow tent after I completely sprayed down my tent with white vinegar a few months ago.

I had a stash of seeds that vanished, most likely stolen. It makes me sad. I worked for years on that collection of seeds.

Anyway, I went to a local dispensary and bought a pair of clones that cost me 50 dollars for both, and that was 30 percent off. Shit, they charged me more in taxes than what I saved.

I took some Fox Farms ocean forest I had and mixed in 3 cups of Dr. Earth organic and natural home-grown tomato, vegetable, and herb fertilizer. 4-6-3. to the soil, then mixed it up and filled the pots up most of the way, added some plain Fox Farms Ocean Forest to the top of the pots, and planted the clones in them; they are 3 gallon plastic pots. I also added a little mykos and azos from extreme gardening. I had some samples, so I might as well use them. I watered the pots with some plain tap water, using about a gallon and a half between both of them.

I will be using my Mars Hydro LED light. I have it set to half power until the clones get used to their new home.

These are both new strains to me that I have never grown, so we will see how it goes.

The first strain is Nimbus Snacks. Its description is that Nimbus Snacks combines the best of the old and the new—the effect and nose of an equatorial “sativa” in a compact, fast-finishing package. It has a terpene profile bursting with exotic floral and fruit notes and a dense flower structure showing purple-tipped bracts. Cross: Durban Mints X GS

The second strain is Cromagnon Man. Its description is Cromagnon Man. With a fuel forward terpene profile and cake-to-cookie dough undertones. Cromagnon man forms large conical colas marbled with purple and pink tones. The effect of this cultivar is powerful and narcotic, reminiscent of its lineage. Cross: Triple Mints X Face Mints

020.JPG
021.JPG
022.JPG
023.JPG
024.JPG
026.JPG
028.JPG
029.JPG
030.JPG
031.JPG
032.JPG
033.JPG
034.JPG
037.JPG
038.JPG

Last edited:
hello everyone its time for a update. I watered them a few days ago and took some pictures and I just topped them today they seam to be doing great so far.

they are in day ten of veg

the first three pictures are from a few days ago and the last two are from today.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG

Hey everyone, it's time for an update!

These plants have been just chugging along doing their thing and getting bigger, so I turned the grow light on to full power about a week or so ago. When I topped them, I messed up, and one did not get topped, so I topped it again today. I'm pretty sure it's a little too late, but it's all good.

I did some low-stress training on the plants that did take to the first topping and watered them both. These plants are on day 25 of veg today. Since I only have two plants for this tent, I want them to grow out a little more before I go in to flower with them.

I still need to set up my Trellis netting get some bag soil and dry flower nutrients and transplant them once they get a little bigger.

Cromagnon Man on the left that got the lst today. Nimbus Snacks on the right that got a second topping lets see if it takes this time.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG

Hey everyone, its me, your boy db003 back at with an update!

Today I transplanted my girls into their final pots to get ready to go into flower. They were both transplanted into 7-gallon fabric pots. I mixed 3 cups of down-to-earth organic rose and flower fertilizer mix. 4-8-4 and a cup of Dr. Earth tomato, vegetable, and herb fertilizer 4-6-3 in the soil and used that to transplant my plants. Between both of them, most of the "super soil" went to the bottom of the pots and fill the rest with plain bag soil, I also added a little rooting powder to the base of the plants.

The soil I used was Botanicare Organicare True Earth Potting Mix. If anyone would like to know what soil used. I used a whole bag of soil to transplant these girls. When I went and bought the soil and pots, I did not notice that the fabric pots I got were the square type. I had a bit of a problem trying to make them fit my slightly too small round saucers, but I just tucked the corners, and they fit for the most part.

Last but not least, I partially installed my trellis netting. I only need to pull it tight and zip-tie it, and that is done.

I will let these plants veg for a bit longer and grow into the netting a bit before I go in to flower; maybe a few weeks to a month at most, we shall see.

My dummy self forgot to take out the name tags on the plants, and one got mixed in with the soil. I almost mixed up what plant was what, but got lucky and found one of there name tags, so at least I can tell them apart.

first two pictures are before the transplant

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG

Last edited:
Nice plants. Sucks about the seeds. That's lame if someone took them.

db003 is in the house! Hey there, it's time for an update.

Not much to report this time; its only been a few days since the transplant of my plants. I checked on my plants this morning and they looked like they were doing great, so I went ahead and installed my trellis netting to start their training before going in to flower. I also gave them like a pail of water each.

I tried to get the plants as positioned as best as I could under the net. I have made a few more adjustments and will make some in a few days.

004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG

Last edited:
Dang dude, they took the transplant well and you were just like - "They live? Smash em under a net! Hyah!" Haha just kidding man, lookin good.

Hey there everyone, its me, db003 back again with another update!

Yesterday I took a bunch of water leaves, aka "defoliated" my plants, to get more light and air around the plants and promote smaller branch growth, and I did some more training on the plant, filling out the net as best as I could. I also took 7 clones from small branches at the bottom that were going to get clipped anyway.

I just watered them today and put some water in the tray with the clones as well. I noticed I got some fungus gnats from the bag soil I bought, and I was lucky I still had a sticky yellow fly cards from years ago. They're not super sticky anymore, but they should work at least a bit.

There have been no major mishaps so far, just the gnats, and I snapped a few small branch tips for training the scrog net, but a few problems seem to be the norm now.

These plants are in day 48 of vegetables today.

the first two pictures are from before the defoliation and the last four pictures are from today's watering

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG

Last edited:
hey everyone

Today I did a few things to these plants. First, they got some water. Next, I defoliated the plants again to get ready to go in to flower soon and did some more training on the net to help fill it out a bit more.

Last but not least, a few of the clones were starting to show roots, so I went ahead and put them all in some cups with some Fox Farms ocean forest and watered them. For now, I will keep them under the clone dome.

These plants are in day #55 of veg today.

a few pictures are before the defoliation and the training on the plants

p.s. the clones with the black duct tape ring are the Cromagnon Man clones because I will most definitely forget.

Back