New Grower Day 100. Are these a flop? Worth keeping?

Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.net
Hi, very inexperienced auto grower here.

Not sure how to feel about these northern lights autos...
Temps have been high. 31 degrees at some points so issues are expected but the issue is the leaves and abundance of white pistils. How much longer can these realistically go before I have to cut them?
20220215_093627.jpg
20220215_093538.jpg
20220215_093508.jpg

Sometimes the genetics haven't been taken far enough for consistant pheno expression and you get abberations....I have had a 140 day run before trics showed any amber....they are looking pretty good even if they are going long....keep em going and keep checking the trich color....

I had a northern lights "auto" from seedsman look w bit like that. They went way over 100 days, I had to flip them to 12/12 to get them to flower properly and one of them just made tons of pistils and the calyxes never swelled. You're doing better than that one did but it's probably still going to be quite larfy by the looks of it.

As the other folks said check the Trichome s I use a USB microscope on my phone with an otg adapter but a cheap jewelers loupe will do

I had a northern lights "auto" from seedsman look w bit like that. They went way over 100 days, I had to flip them to 12/12 to get them to flower properly and one of them just made tons of pistils and the calyxes never swelled. You're doing better than that one did but it's probably still going to be quite larfy by the looks of it.

Spot on. It's a freebie from seedsman. Just had their auto lemon grow massively tall with huge colas but same result you described. Thats gna be used for edibles. On the other hand, the cheese xxl and purple punch I ran at the same time were dank.

I don't mind larfy bud so much cos I can vape it if the smell, taste and effects are there.
Unfortunately, I cant flip to 12/12 as I have a few younger autos in the same tent.

Just wanted to gauge how much of my result is human error vs genetics.

Sometimes the genetics haven't been taken far enough for consistant pheno expression and you get abberations....I have had a 140 day run before trics showed any amber....they are looking pretty good even if they are going long....keep em going and keep checking the trich color....
I was leaning more towards genetics than human error. So the trichs are the ultimate tell because you don't want too much thc degradation right?

If you need the space then chop them now and if you don't want to smoke/vape or think it's not that strong, maybe use it for either dry sift or ice hash. Another alternative could be making some tincture. You've spent over 3 months growing them, may as well get something from it.

Back