Photoperiod Damien's Zamadelica x Kali China SOG

Color noise reduction is not my friend. Couldn't figure out why all my pictures were lacking certain colors.

Anyways the cobs are done with the initial fermentation after 16 hours with a pleasant light almost floral aroma but a bit spicy still and sweet.

View attachment 1314202
20210503_115251(1).jpg
20210503_115245(1).jpg
20210503_115257(1).jpg
20210503_115324(1).jpg

:d5: those look choice Dam', well done! Are they slated for eating of smoking..both?

Thank you!

lovely looking Cobs . :thumbsup:

Thank you! Best looking ones yet.

:d5: those look choice Dam', well done! Are they slated for eating of smoking..both?

A little bit of both lol. I can't guarantee they'll make it to a 6 month cure though.

ok wat u doin there? Lookz like some big azz reeferz :eek1: You probably explained it before, butz i'm old and DRS :rofl:

Fermenting weed. Method a grower named Tangwea brought back from Malawi Africa where they harvest, wrap, and bury their weed for 6+ months then smoke and eat it. Traditionally wrapped in corn husk and buried but a crockpot or anything can give it a water bath at around 104-140f while vacuum sealed.

I let these dry on the vine to a wet/sticky/gooey feel, not dry enough to smoke but the plant was dead.

I cut them from the stems while I soak corn husk in hot water.

I weight out 28-60g and compress/roll them into the corn husk followed by tying them off.

Vacuum seal them with room to spare and place them in a crockpot on warm for 14-24 hours.

Take them out the bags, unroll them, and dry the exterior of the cobs/interior of the bag.

Reroll them and vacuum seal them again.

Place the bag over my veg lights to keep it warm around 84f for a week.

Open the bag, smell it, let it dry to the touch and reseal if it isn't where I like it(the smell).

I've done it around eight times now with the last batch being the 'best' with a strong peppery weak lavender/limonene smell. Made from Bangi Congo x Panama from Ace Seeds it was really nice - rolled a backwoods to share with the wife and it was warp speed to a new plane of thought repeatedly. Really introspective and potent in a :poof:kind of way, much different from just dry and cure.

I digress...

I don't have to trim aside from off the branches but controlling the temperature the whole way through is important. Water bath can be 104-140f but time also factors, the hotter and or longer the deeper and or narcotic the smoke can become.

The other problem is finding a smell that hits right and locking that in to dry for the 1-6 month cure. Colors and smells change daily so it's closer to an art.

I unseal the cobs after a week to dry the excess moisture and reseal. The aroma... Chased everyone out the room with a pungent pepper, bleachy dishwater smell that was slightly sweet and burned the nose. One more week then I'll start curing.

Back