Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 939226
Day 29! wewt!

View attachment 939227
Manchild SD is now in the crawl space, I explained to him it's a mancave..

f6

Looking very nice. What lights are you using? I like the spacing on the nodes you have. Looks like the plants will get lots of bud, but will be less than a meter tall, wouldn't you say?
As you have seen, I have been experimenting with spectrum and I like the balance in your plant. It would be great to know what spectrum your plants are getting, the ppfd values, and wattage at the plug, and distance from plants. Could you help me out and get back to me with that from your side? That would be really cool of you if you could.

Looking very nice. What lights are you using? I like the spacing on the nodes you have. Looks like the plants will get lots of bud, but will be less than a meter tall, wouldn't you say?
As you have seen, I have been experimenting with spectrum and I like the balance in your plant. It would be great to know what spectrum your plants are getting, the ppfd values, and wattage at the plug, and distance from plants. Could you help me out and get back to me with that from your side? That would be really cool of you if you could.
Thanks man,

The light is a 860w Phillips retrofit CMH in a growlite OG cooled vertial hood.

Old 1000w MH ballast (you can get dimmable ballast for this and other HID lamps but they are expensive)

Draw at the plug should be 900w as there is a off the shelf system that has the same specs, can't remember who/what tho.

There is a spectrum on the web somewhere for this lamp, I'll have to suss it out and get back to you but I has a big fat red spectrum along with some UV

First time I ran this lamp I was interrupted and had to pull but had runaway stretch and run out of vertical space (although I failed to train early enough) so I never got to see it finish.

It's about 800mm from canopy mainly due to heat (she's a hot lamp!)

Node spacing this time is great, the 2 sativa Dom's at the back have been pulled down and the one on the left topped, the indica at the front just some very light pipe cleaners and tucking.

These plants will get to over a meter for sure and from experience yield 1/2 pound each if I don't fuck something up!

Grow thread here
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/f6-does-what-f6-does.66573/

Thanks man,

The light is a 860w Phillips retrofit CMH in a growlite OG cooled vertial hood.

Old 1000w MH ballast (you can get dimmable ballast for this and other HID lamps but they are expensive)

Draw at the plug should be 900w as there is a off the shelf system that has the same specs, can't remember who/what tho.

There is a spectrum on the web somewhere for this lamp, I'll have to suss it out and get back to you but I has a big fat red spectrum along with some UV

First time I ran this lamp I was interrupted and had to pull but had runaway stretch and run out of vertical space (although I failed to train early enough) so I never got to see it finish.

It's about 800mm from canopy mainly due to heat (she's a hot lamp!)

Node spacing this time is great, the 2 sativa Dom's at the back have been pulled down and the one on the left topped, the indica at the front just some very light pipe cleaners and tucking.

These plants will get to over a meter for sure and from experience yield 1/2 pound each if I don't fuck something up!

Grow thread here
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/f6-does-what-f6-does.66573/

Thanks f6, very nice. That light looks awesome! Makes me want to get my hps back out and supplement with the leds for this grow. Not sure my wife wouldn't kill me over the electric bill though:shrug:

I am not sure what "light recipe" I want to give to the plants time around. Thinking about going more blue to keep them squatty and bushy early on, adding some bloom lights more into week three and four, with a ratio more like 65/35 red to blue, instead of the 70/30 most leds offer when you run both veg and bloom lights through the entire grow. Plus, limit the deep reds and IR a bit until after the third node appears. I will still run some white full spectrum light from the 3500k cob, but at a distance.

My goal is to get shorter more potent plants that yield around 100 grams per plant or so. Flavor and terpenes, thc and potency are the aim for this grow, not yield and stretch. :muahaha:

@MedCzech there have been some very positive reports on CMH quality on the web so while I'm not happy smashing 900w for 18/6 I have 2 fresh globes so I'm stuck with it for a while. My problem now is maintaining my PB 1.36g per watt best under 600w hps!

Tall order with only 3 now under 860w. I guess I'm ok with what the girls give me but with the cost I need yield at the moment!

Will be retiring my 600w MH/HPS light and replacing with cobs, I currently also have a 110w starlight t5 and 2x 60w blurples that I mix and match so I will likely make a mixed array and do some basic switching to program those lights to come on at different times etc to give some sunrise and sunset on a very basic level, later on I'll try some true automation with low(er) than HID) power lighting.

f6

@MedCzech there have been some very positive reports on CMH quality on the web so while I'm not happy smashing 900w for 18/6 I have 2 fresh globes so I'm stuck with it for a while. My problem now is maintaining my PB 1.36g per watt best under 600w hps!

Tall order with only 3 now under 860w. I guess I'm ok with what the girls give me but with the cost I need yield at the moment!

Will be retiring my 600w MH/HPS light and replacing with cobs, I currently also have a 110w starlight t5 and 2x 60w blurples that I mix and match so I will likely make a mixed array and do some basic switching to program those lights to come on at different times etc to give some sunrise and sunset on a very basic level, later on I'll try some true automation with low(er) than HID) power lighting.

f6

Sounds good. I am looking forward to collaborating a bit with you and Old Timer in this endeavor. The study in the link has some tips on yield for you! That light is really nice, i am jealous. The spectrum and intensity is top level stuff. My area is just a little too heat sensitive, and as I said, I need to watch my electric usage and just be mindful of that.

Understood but people will not make this change people are busier lazy and uncapable of this worldwide to make a difference as you know if people would just consume a 50 percent less animal based diet this would be huge for health and the environment Good luck with that. China india and north america consume 7 to 9 oz of animal protein a day and its not getting lower. The seas are being fished out through advanced fishing technology. I wish rev we all could be knowledgeable about the severity of this for not my or your generation but future gens. Western values, money and greed are the law of this planet and getting worse yearly. Act locally as i do it will help but not really.

Howdy Chef. You may be right, or we may be surprised. It is hard to say. Humans have a record of making the right choices at the last second possible. What I refuse to do is give up. This planet is precious, unique, and worth fighting for. I have spent the last ten years working on the issue. I am currently working on a project studying CO2 emissions capture and Agricultural products that can be made from it. On my own time, I am doing citizen science projects that hopefully I will end up publishing. I am studying water holding capacity and biolife increase in hugelkulter systems.

I live in the US South, the least educated section of America. Sometimes it feels like there is no fuking way I will ever make a change, but I came here precisly because this is where change is needed most. I urge you, and all other readers to take matters into your own hands. Create something that will survive an apocalypse, make a garden that feeds your neighbors, educate children in how to grow food, be a good example, keep a lookout for opportunities to be of service because in the end....

THERE IS NO SECURITY WITHOUT FOOD SECURITY.

First journal. First canna baby. :headbang:
View attachment 939214 :woohoo1::cooldance::thumbsup::woohoo::yay::frog::chimp:

Who do I talk to about getting a disco ball emoji?

[HASHTAG]#goNewThumb[/HASHTAG] :vibe:..you are at the Start of a Remarkable Journey..........:wizzy:..Good Luck............

the spectrum and par value is more important, thanks for your info and feedback

Cheers @MarshydroTina :bighug:..I know you are Busy with your own section...but if you wouldn't mind going as Taggable Vendor on [HASHTAG]#livestoners[/HASHTAG] ..
when members need tech help or growroom set up tech...it would be Most Appreciated...:bravo:

Whats the consistency of “big bud coco” ive baught some it looks like horse sperm haha an doesnt mix well with the water clumps like gone off milk? Is this right or have i baught a bottle thats bin sat in the sun for 6 week
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:crying:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back