Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nice! Good grow, bro!

If you are measuring distilled water with an electronic probe, you won't get accurate results. Those meters depend on some ion transfer to work, and there aint no ions in distilled water.

The pH doesn't even matter until you start adding nutes. All the plant needs up to that point is water and light. pH won't really have any effect on water takeup.

I agree with the other recommendations for the Apera pH pen. Nothing but good things to say about it. Cheaper ones I bought initially were pretty much junk. If you want to be extra safe, get a decent pH test strip kit. They are not terribly precise, but they will keep the electronic meter somewhat honest. Also they are great for testing water that is allegedly deionized. In that you can test your distilled water with those. It will never be a perfect 7.0 as dissolve co2 will make it slightly acidic, but not by that much in the grand scheme of things.

I know there are those that might automatically disagree with me... but so far I have had nothing but negative results from adding calmag. If you don't know that you need it, don't add it. Keep it simple. Get through the first grow and have some nice smokeable buds THAT YOU GREW YOURSELF, and move on from there. There is nothing quite like smoking buds you grew. Nothing.

Sorry I missed you again, @Mike20132 ..........Thanks for the help..........believe me, I'm all about simplicity and lack of variables........that is what has driven my decisions thus far and I'm not gonna change, barring a major disaster!

It's an amazing path to go down, this thing of ours. Enjoy it as it goes.

Peace, friend.

From what I've seen other's post the PH reading of distilled or R/O water are always off as they don't have the solids. Once you've added nutes then you'll get a proper reading

Thanks, Bushy! I didn't think about it that way. I still think this pen is f**ked up because it won't read calibration solution at all.

howdy peeps :pass:
sometimes if a ph pen hasnt been used in 3+ months the lil probe on the end will dry up and pen has had it.my pen was £3 the storage/cal /cleaning fluids £30 a pen aint worth shit without the solutions to match.and some pens like them yellow ones at £3 really arnt worth a shit.seems ya gotta spend £60 ish to get a pen that will work this time next year.
001 (9).JPG

:pighug:

sometimes if a ph pen hasnt been used in 3+ months the lil probe on the end will dry up and pen has had it.my pen was £3 the storage/cal /cleaning fluids £30 a pen aint worth shit without the solutions to match.and some pens like them yellow ones at £3 really arnt worth a shit.seems ya gotta spend £60 ish to get a pen that will work this time next year.
View attachment 937407

Looks like this is one of those you get what you pay for items..................

Thanks, Bushy! I didn't think about it that way. I still think this pen is f**ked up because it won't read calibration solution at all.
You'd be correct.

If the calibration solutions dont measure dead on, you have either a bad batch of solution, or a not-so-good meter

View attachment 937407
Evening bro:pass:
I got bluelab ph pen but I don't check ph now really I don't see difference in buds but that just me. my tap water is 7.2 ph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back