Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah still a bit chilly in the mornings but we b on about 24 I think hope u r cool too man, I was a bit crook and sore for a few days my diy co2 room had a bit of a blowout I didn’t get to check it properly and it was a nightmare to sort but I have proved to myself that I could do it and have almost finished my second plant in there so far in well under time with better than average yields for me, I have an awesome chemdawg auto I just let grow so far no training it’s almost starting to flower I’ll get a few pics later and tag you in man, thanks for dropping me a line @the green bandit

Hey mate do you use Tapatalk or the website

Nuggets
I mostly use Tapatalk on my phone as my eyes ain't so great and it's easier to read but you miss out on a lot of features that you have on the normal site. I have a cold at the moment as well(bloody winter) i would love to see pics

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

If you have not voted yet head over to Canazone growbattles and VOTE AWAY:vibe:

Yeah still a bit chilly in the mornings but we b on about 24 I think hope u r cool too man, I was a bit crook and sore for a few days my diy co2 room had a bit of a blowout I didn’t get to check it properly and it was a nightmare to sort but I have proved to myself that I could do it and have almost finished my second plant in there so far in well under time with better than average yields for me, I have an awesome chemdawg auto I just let grow so far no training it’s almost starting to flower I’ll get a few pics later and tag you in man, thanks for dropping me a line @the green bandit

Hey mate do you use Tapatalk or the website

Nuggets
Hello, it's a few days I haven't see you here, how are you?

Northern lights starting to get some frost!
11544bd4b31810730980dddee91dbfd8.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

That's nice! Good grow, bro!

@Mike20132 @chefdave @the green bandit Apparently we keep missing each other this evening. Got another semi problem to ask about.......remember Mike, last night I asked you what the pH of distilled water should be........you replied around 7 which is what I thought......but when I tested it with my new meter it came up with a reading of 5.9! Even with Wally Mart 88cent distilled water, I don't think so! I then tested my county water.......8.92! Again, I don't think so! According to the county water commission report the pH averages 7.2-7.4! Decided to check calibration of pH pen......mixed up the 6. whatever solution stuck the pen in and pushed the calibrate button and held it for 5 seconds as per instructions.......nothing happened! It is supposed to flash 6. whatever and then stop on the pH........I think I must have a defective pen! It has a warranty of 1 year but I don't have time to deal with that crap, so I just ordered another brand from Amagone. It will be here Friday evening. In the meantime, should I just keep feeding the distilled water? The plants seem to be doing OK on it so far.

If you are measuring distilled water with an electronic probe, you won't get accurate results. Those meters depend on some ion transfer to work, and there aint no ions in distilled water.

The pH doesn't even matter until you start adding nutes. All the plant needs up to that point is water and light. pH won't really have any effect on water takeup.

I agree with the other recommendations for the Apera pH pen. Nothing but good things to say about it. Cheaper ones I bought initially were pretty much junk. If you want to be extra safe, get a decent pH test strip kit. They are not terribly precise, but they will keep the electronic meter somewhat honest. Also they are great for testing water that is allegedly deionized. In that you can test your distilled water with those. It will never be a perfect 7.0 as dissolve co2 will make it slightly acidic, but not by that much in the grand scheme of things.

Plan on running Mega Crop, Cal-Mag, and add some Kool Bloom when flowering starts.......I'm trying to keep this grow as simple as possible and eliminate a lot of the variables that seem to trip up a lot of new growers.

I know there are those that might automatically disagree with me... but so far I have had nothing but negative results from adding calmag. If you don't know that you need it, don't add it. Keep it simple. Get through the first grow and have some nice smokeable buds THAT YOU GREW YOURSELF, and move on from there. There is nothing quite like smoking buds you grew. Nothing.

It's an amazing path to go down, this thing of ours. Enjoy it as it goes.

Peace, friend.

That's nice! Good grow, bro!

If you are measuring distilled water with an electronic probe, you won't get accurate results. Those meters depend on some ion transfer to work, and there aint no ions in distilled water.

The pH doesn't even matter until you start adding nutes. All the plant needs up to that point is water and light. pH won't really have any effect on water takeup.

I agree with the other recommendations for the Apera pH pen. Nothing but good things to say about it. Cheaper ones I bought initially were pretty much junk. If you want to be extra safe, get a decent pH test strip kit. They are not terribly precise, but they will keep the electronic meter somewhat honest. Also they are great for testing water that is allegedly deionized. In that you can test your distilled water with those. It will never be a perfect 7.0 as dissolve co2 will make it slightly acidic, but not by that much in the grand scheme of things.

I know there are those that might automatically disagree with me... but so far I have had nothing but negative results from adding calmag. If you don't know that you need it, don't add it. Keep it simple. Get through the first grow and have some nice smokeable buds THAT YOU GREW YOURSELF, and move on from there. There is nothing quite like smoking buds you grew. Nothing.

It's an amazing path to go down, this thing of ours. Enjoy it as it goes.

Peace, friend.
You give very sound advice my man. Less=more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back