Outdoor couple begginer questions

G

GRow-ops

im doing a out door set up im germinating right now and was reading on a couple post people say ffof is to hot for the seedling and to not use it..... 1)IS THIS TRUE??? 2)if it is can i use happy frog for seedling then transplant with ffof? 3)whens a good age to transplant from the jiffy potz to 3gallonz? 4)what is run off and why do i ph the run off and do i do it for out door?

The girls should have three sets of true leaves before you transplant. Runoff is the excess water that comes out the bottom of the pot when you water.When you check your soil runoff it tells you what shape your soil is in so you can adjust it if need be.If your growing outside directly in the ground ther is no way to check runoff so just make sure your intake water is the correct ph.

FFOF.....????

@ 10 days you can start 1/4 fert.

I know a lot of people are gonna disagree with me but I have been using straight ffof for a long time. I actually start my seeds in it with great success. With autos it is actually best to start out in the pot you plan to grow in. They really don't like to be transplanted. I start my seeds in Rapid Rooters and as soon as I see roots I put it in a 3 to 5 gal container filled with straight ffof. And like cres said give nothing but ph'd water for the first 10 to 14 days . It's important not to let the ffof dry completely out when plants are young as you're more likely to see burn. After the first 10 days or so you can start nutes at 1/4 strength.

I agree with JasL Completely. But if it is something your worried about, then I would go with Happy Frog, + Happy Frog starter mixed in with it. Oh and don't forget your Lime. I would also add about 10-20% more perlite also whether you go with FFOF or HF. Hope we help ya brother:)

D

Yes the perlite is important I forgot about that. FFOF has a good amount but it is still pretty bad to get compacted so I would add about 20% more to prevent this.

FFOF.....????

@ 10 days you can start 1/4 fert.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest, cres.

And the whole debate with it is that we recommend New Growers to start in something else, as it is a regular occurrence for Auto seedlings to get burned in them. But yeah, there have been growers that have had no problems, but it just seems to easier to me to cut that chance out altogether and start in something else. If you're in pots outside you can still collect runoff and check it, but if in the ground, I suggest getting a quality soil ph tester.

i just plated them in 80%ffof and 20%perlite wish me good luck im going to be keeping a journal on this grow hope fully itz worthy enough to post up im pretty sure i got a solid nute base im going to use and couple tricks ive learnd im expecting good thing I HOPE!!!!!!(GROW GODS PLEASE BLESS ME WITH THE MAGICAL GREEN THUMB)....

;)

I know a lot of people are gonna disagree with me but I have been using straight ffof for a long time. I actually start my seeds in it with great success. With autos it is actually best to start out in the pot you plan to grow in. They really don't like to be transplanted. I start my seeds in Rapid Rooters and as soon as I see roots I put it in a 3 to 5 gal container filled with straight ffof. And like cres said give nothing but ph'd water for the first 10 to 14 days . It's important not to let the ffof dry completely out when plants are young as you're more likely to see burn. After the first 10 days or so you can start nutes at 1/4 strength.
yea i decided to start them off in 5gallon potz no transplanting dont wanna risk it....im going to get a revers osmosis with aretion with that no phing is needed right?

Back