New Grower Containers

AndyLowSpark

Home Team
Reaction score
I want to use something better than a plain plastic pot, but I also don’t want to get into earthbox territory just yet.

What are some good middle ground options?
I plan on running peat/coir and my target container size is the 5-7 gallon range. Plants will be outdoors and will come inside if the weather gets weird. Or I might build a greenhouse. Located in Northern WA State. Basically Canada.

No worries man I'd say this section works. As far as pots go you could do a sip bucket setup. Will be similar to Earth boxes but is on a smaller scale. Otherwise I love my rain science pots. Work amazingly.

I've used both RainScience bags and currently AirPots. Well, knock off "airpots." I absolutely recommend either. I tried a fabric pot once and didn't care for it as much as the other two.

I like the airpots the best as I find they are easier, for me, to move around and just generally handle. They work great too.

Anything I've grown in a rainscience bag has had the most dense and unbreakable root mass. Excellent plant growth as well.

@AndyLowSpark :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

Since you want to move them around a plastic nursery pot will do. You still should move them on something ridged.

:goodluck:

I ended up going with 5 gallon rain science bags with the top covers and LST grommets. I’m going to keep it simple and do as much as I can with mega crop original. Strain will be Rhino Ryder from FB.

I ended up going with 5 gallon rain science bags with the top covers and LST grommets. I’m going to keep it simple and do as much as I can with mega crop original. Strain will be Rhino Ryder from FB.
Won't be disappointed with the bags! Heard good things about rhino Ryder as well, should be some good little plants.

I grew that strain many many years ago she was pretty good also the megacrop a load of folks use it on here and manofgreen does pretty feed charts

Back