Coco flushing after seedlings planted

DJ High

Ready to Rock!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Hindu Kush, Bubba Kush & LSD-25
Ok I have two autos in fabric pots with 60/40 coco/perlite. When I got the coco bricks and hydrated them I was under the assumption that the coco had been pre- rinsed and buffered....I was incorrect. I noticed when I went to their website (this was my bad not theirs).

My question is; my girls have been in the coco for almost a week and have just started to get second set of double leaves. How can I safely do a flush and buffer with the seedlings in the pot? Or should I scoop them out in a clump (keeping coco around around the roots); and flush the coco left in the pot?

Plus once flushed x 2 with tap water I was going to do an additional flush with ph'd water (6.0 - 6.2) along with 200ppm of calmag to charge the coco. Once that is done I would replant the seedlings and continue as normal.

What is the correct procedure to flush and buffer the coco without harming the seedlings?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions :thumbsup:

Last edited:
...gotcha in PM's,.. but here is the best place to ask for help, my PM's are a quagmire!

...gotcha in PM's,.. but here is the best place to ask for help, my PM's are a quagmire!
Thanks Waira just covering my bases...

Gigiddy lol

@DJ High - how do the plants look? Does the coco even need the flush. If they are growing and doing fine up to the second set of leaves I would just continue... did you expand your coco with PhD water? What have you been using from time of sprout?

If you scoop them up my fear is that you'll damage the roots, that's why I say if they look to be doing fine leave them. If you're really worried about it look into top dressing the coco with some sort of ph buffer like lime or something similar. I'm not 100% sure this would work, just a suggestion.

Let's see the plant and give us a bit more info

Back