Live Stoners Chop Time - Day 58

Jackson

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Good Morning All

In 2 days I will chop her down which is 60 days from sprout or 65 days from seed.

My question is should I place her in dark for 48 hours or just harvest?

Research says yes and no. She is of sour crack strain and love to know what the experts think.

Jackson

@Jackson (that is how you tag)

Looks like you are finally getting on with things. No need to start a new thread, just use the tags. The best way to get views is to tag drop a link to your thread in "Current Live Stoners Chat"

Throw me a link to your grow my friend, I will take another look.

I don't think there is any "viable" reason to do the 48 hour dark period. No one has proved to me that is has much of anything to do with your plant.

Other opinions may be voiced, but that is my opinion.
:coffee:

and imo a 12 hour dark period is all thats needed really. all that does it is makes available that the THC and meds produced can be at their most potency. they say early morning dew kinda frost when harvesting too. from the old old ollldd days too. morning cutting why? well the macro and food and nute dense ability of the food/herbs n so on are at thei full potential. more than say a 8 or 12 hour mark isntg really accomplishing anything. your plant naturally does this in the AM before first light. thats why AM harvesting when done outdoors is always said to be the best.

Howdy Folks

Well she's in the curing jar. Ended up with a cool 32 grams of dried frosty nugs by far the best I've ever done!!! As it's my 4 th grow I'm happy. Lost a lot of weight drying like 70%. Is that normal? Either way I'm happy

@Eyes on Fire @Waira @budelee

Howdy Folks

Well she's in the curing jar. Ended up with a cool 32 grams of dried frosty nugs by far the best I've ever done!!! As it's my 4 th grow I'm happy. Lost a lot of weight drying like 70%. Is that normal? Either way I'm happy

@Eyes on Fire @Waira @budelee
Excellent work amigo!! Yes on the weight loss/cure thing,thats about par!! Rep slap incoming...wait for it....POW!!!

:d5: Niiiice! Jackson, did she really dry this fast, because this is a rather short time for it to do so,... Low RH and higher temps can accelerate things, but that's not always a good thing,.. it should be made to take at least 5 days, because it takes time for the breakdown process of chlorophyll and other things to happen, which improves the smoke quality a lot,...generally, 70F/50% RH, with gentle air movement is prime,...
As for the dark period, it's effectiveness is a conditional thing IMO,... so far to date, I've seen nothing that verifies any increase in cannabinoids, but does help increase terpenes, which in turn can affect the perceived potency of the bud,... heat, light (+UV), strong wind/air movement all contribute to the loss of terpenes over the course of a day... it's during the dark/night that they can regenerate,...without a doubt, my OD girls smell strongest mid' morning after a little Sun has warmed them up! :smoking:... Now for ID's, the env. stresses that evaporate and breakdown terpenes are usually not as pronounced as OD's, so the benefit is often less,... personally, I go about 24h of dark, with a careful eye on preventing mold promoting conditions: air movement, moderate temps and RH, and a pot that's well on the dry side,... timing your cleansing period, along with the dark period prior to actual harvest is anything but exact, it's day-to-day assessment and experience that help dial this in! :greenthumb:

Thanks Everyone!

She's spongy so now I'll leave her in the brown bag overnight just to be sure.

Already got another Sour Crack at Day 17.

Addictive hobby but loving it.

Thank you again everyone for walking me through a successful grow.

Jackson

Back