Chicken Poop for the Soul

Rasterman

Alienated by the War on Drugs
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mango Smile
This summer I filled a 50 gallon pot with chicken poop and kept it moist all summer. I'm planning to bake it in the oven to kill pathogens, then make some tea for my plants in veg.

Is this a good plan, and how much poop should be added per gallon for the tea?

Rasterman chicken manure is literally hot sh*t. Probably aught to mix it with some carbon based material and mix occasionally for a while longer. If you decide it has composted enough already, just go easy on how much you put in the tea. I would compost it awhile with some grass clippings, leaves or other carbon based material. It would also be fine by itself. I think it needs to set a while longer.

Last edited:
Rasterman chicken manure is literally hot sh*t. Probably aught to mix it with some carbon based material and mix occasionally for a while longer. If you decide it has composted enough already, just go easy on how much you put in the tea. I would compost it awhile with some grass clippings, leaves or other carbon based material. It would also be fine by itself. I think it needs to set a while longer.
@Rick Dirte' Thanks for the suggestion. I'll wait and mix.

Make some nice compost with it. Let it sit for a few more months, keep it moist and mix occasionally.
Then you can amend your grow soil with it. Mix it in, bottom dress or top dress. It will work better for you this way.
Chicken stuff is good sh*t, just needs to be composted good.

Back