CAN I GET SOME HELP

Reaction score
Small yellow spotting on 2 plants

FoxFarm ocean forest soil-organic grow

nothing for the first 3 weeks, then Mother Earth All Purpose 4-6-4 on week four-also gave dynamiko. Gave recharge on week 4 and 5. Also added worm castings on week 5.

RO water ph to 6.5-6.8

Jack Herrer blueberry cross 6 weeks old

Kind LED XL 1000 in a 5x5

Temperature has been around 78-82 with 45% RH

These spots have showed up on a couple of the plants, but not the others. They have all been given the same treatment. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

Attachments

• DSC_0025.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0026.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0027.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0028.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 74
Had the same issue, I just know one thing for sure, FFOF Tun really hot :( never again. I currently have 6 GG#4 and same treatment to all of them, seems like only one plant is getting nute burn unfortunately

Ya I'm not sure what is going on. Now the top leaves look like they are growing skinnier

Are you watering with plane RO water? RO is not something that can be used alone, it strips things out of the medium when empty and will cause deficiencies. Must always be mixed with nutes. On plane water days, mix 50/50 with aerated tap.

Or add a remineralizer to the system.

@Arthur is correct about RO. You can also make a 24 hour "tea" with the soil to mineralize it. Also, @Gutlez is correct about FFOF. It's a great product but it is a hot mix for small plants. It's actually made up the road from where I live and many local growers have been using it religiously for decades. Most people I know use it after the first transplant or cut it with an inert soil such as HP Promix. Some strains don't react as well to it at a young tinder age. Lastly, We usually run pH in the 6.2.6.5 range which may make a slight difference for you.
Cheers

Judging by the overall look of the plants your soil is just too rich in nutrients I see some nitrogen toxicity and the spots look like a Phosphorus problem. This is just an over nutrient lock-out which is hard to do in an organic grow.

@Proph might be able to recommend something but I think you need to go water only for a while until some of the nutrients get used up?

RO water is not stripping anything out unless you are watering to a large run-off. In coco you need to add 50 PPM of calcium to a water only feed. that is not going on here.

Looks like a secondary nutrient issue.. Like boron.. How much of the 4-6-4 did you use? What are you using for a micro nutrient source? RO water is fine.. I've never been a fan of mixing two different soils, but by the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be causing too much of a problem.. But the leaf issues look to be micro nutrient related.. Looks like a Boron deficiency

OK so I have been using the RO water just plain. I appreciate the answers but I am a little confused now. Should I do anything to the RO water or just use it plain. I have been giving just straight water for about 10 days now. I will update with some pics tomorrow or the next day and you can see where I am at. I appreciate all the advice from everyone.

Back