Can GH FloraBlend be used in place of pH drops after addong silicone?

Reaction score
Or really any supplement that lowers pH naturally to replace the pH drops. The way I'm doing it now is add Silicone, pH down to 6.5, wait 1 hour, add the rest of nutes, and the finally add like 25drops pH up to get to my goal. The Florablend is making the pH drop, so I'm wondering if I can change the order I add it. Would be silicone, florablend to correct pH, and continue as normal. Anyone know if this is ok and won't cause lockouts or something?

I have always adjusted my PH last, after i have added all my nutrients and supplements. I use GH flora series.

I have always adjusted my PH last, after i have added all my nutrients and supplements. I use GH flora series.
I thought pH needs to be adjusted to 6.5 or lower to prevent precipitation. I hope this isn't necessary because it's a joke how much pH down I use to get it there, just to add a sh*t ton pH up in the final mix...

Or really any supplement that lowers pH naturally to replace the pH drops. The way I'm doing it now is add Silicone, pH down to 6.5, wait 1 hour, add the rest of nutes, and the finally add like 25drops pH up to get to my goal. The Florablend is making the pH drop, so I'm wondering if I can change the order I add it. Would be silicone, florablend to correct pH, and continue as normal. Anyone know if this is ok and won't cause lockouts or something?
Please give specifics of your grow.
You put in additives, then base nutes, ph last.

Please give specifics of your grow.
You put in additives, then base nutes, ph last.
As far as nutes...?
Starting 0 ppm RO water
1) Silicone(adjust pH and sit for 1 hr) 1ml/g
2) Calimagic 5ml/g
3) FloraMicro 5ml/g
4) Floragro 5ml/g
5) FloraBloom 2.5ml/g
6) Florablend 2ml/g
7) Floralicous .5ml/g
8) FloraNectar 2ml/g
9) Rapid Start 1ml/g

Finish with about 1800ec 5.8-5.9pH

As far as nutes...?
Starting 0 ppm RO water
1) Silicone(adjust pH and sit for 1 hr)
2) Calimagic
3) FloraMicro
4) Floragro
5) FloraBloom
6) Florablend
7) Floralicous
8) FloraNectar
9) Rapid Start
Which light and medium are you using?
To double check, do you know not to water RO/Distilled/Filtered by itself?

Which light and medium are you using?
To double check, do you know not to water RO/Distilled/Filtered by itself?
Using a chinese 300w Kingbrite qb 3500k
Coco/perlite 70/30
Usually feed with every water but when needed I add full dose calmag to water and pH first.

I set PH after all nutes are mixed too. Never had it cause a problem for me. Seeing as some nutes push the PH up and others down, it makes sense to me to mix everything then make any small adjustments at the end.

Back